Your Acer laptop goes into black screen, sometimes the screen is black after the logo? Don’t worry. You can fix your Acer laptop black screen issue with the solutions in this article.
Try these fixes
Here are some solutions you can try if your laptop screen is black. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until everything’s working.
- Power reset your laptop
- Try F2, F9, and F10 key
- Update graphics card driver
- Check for virus and malware
- Update BIOS
Power resetting does a trick to fix the Acer black screen issue and it works for many people. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove the AC adapter cable, hard drives, the battery and any other attached peripheral devices.
- Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds and release. Your laptop will boot up and turn off during this time period.
- Put your battery back in and plug the charger. Then don’t plug anything else.
- Press the Power button as normal to turn on your laptop.
Your laptop should start normally now.
If the laptop screen is black, don’t worry. There are other solutions.
If you find yous Acer laptop screen is black, you can try this:
- Ensure to turn off your laptop, and unplug any external devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on your laptop.
- When you see the Acer logo or splash screen appears, press F2, F9, F10, and Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select Exit > Yes, and press Enter.
Your laptop will start and the black screen issue should be resolved.
The missing or outdated graphics card driver in your laptop can cause the black screen, so you should verify that the graphics drivers in your laptop are up to date, and update those that aren’t.
You can manually search for the latest version of your graphics driver from the manufacturer, and download and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills. We recommend this if you’re confident with your computer skills.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- After updating, restart your computer to take effect.
Check and see if your laptop screen works properly.
Your Acer laptop screen may be black if your system has been damaged by virus or malware.
So run a virus scan across your entire Windows system. Yes, it may take some time to complete, but it’s worth it. Unfortunately, Windows Defender may not detect it, so it’s worth trying another antivirus program such as Avira and panda.
It any malware has been detected, follow the instructions provided by the antivirus program to fix it.
Then restart your computer as normal and see if it fixes your black screen issue.
BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. It’s a software that is stored on a small memory chip in the Motherboard of your computer. BIOS is used to identify and troubleshoot the hardware issue in your computer or laptop.
To update your BIOS, go to Acer support page, find the BIOS file for your Acer laptop model. Download it into your USB drive, and follow the instructions provided by Acer to update BIOS.
So there you have it – Hope this post comes in handy and resolves your black screen on Acer laptop. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do.