Recently, many players run into the d3dx9_39.dll missing error when trying to launch games like Warhammer, League of Legends, and so on. If you’re also experiencing this issue, take a deep breath and try the solutions below.
Fixes to try:
You might get this error when for a few different different reasons, such as faulty program, corrupted or misplaced d3dx9_39.dll file, malicious software present on your PC. The solutions below can help rule out common causes of this error. You may not have to try them all, just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick for you.
- Install the D3DX9_39.dll file
- Reinstall the problematic program
- Install the latest version of DirectX
- Update your device drivers
- Check for Windows updates
Fix 1: Install the D3DX9_39.dll file
You are likely to get this error message when the D3DX9_39.dll file is missing or corrupted. So you should restore the file on your computer. You can google and download the file, but be sure to download it from a trustworthy source. If you’re not sure where you can download the file safely, it’s recommended that you use the Dll-files.com Client.
The DLL-files.com Client will fix your DLL error in one click. You don’t have to know what system is running on your computer, and you don’t need to worry about downloading the wrong file. The DLL-files.com handles it all for you.
1) Download and install DLL-files.com Client.
2) Open DLL‑files.com Client.
3) Type d3dx9_39.dll in the search box and click Search for DLL file.
4) Click D3DX9_39.dll.
5) Click Install. ( When you click Install, you’ll be prompted to purchase a license which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
6) Relaunch your game to test your issue.
If you still get the error message, move on to the next fix, below.
Fix 2: Reinstall the problematic program
Another quick fix is reinstalling the problematic program. This should fix your problem if it’s caused by faulty or corrupted program files and folders. Follow the instructions below to see how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
2) Type control, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3) Under View by, select Category, then click Uninstall a program.
4) Right-click the program you’re having trouble with, then click Uninstall/Change.
5) Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program.
6) Download and install the program again.
After your game is installed, relaunch it to test your issue. If the issue continues to occur, then go ahead with the fix below.
Fix 3: Install the latest version of DirectX
If the d3dx9_39.dll missing error persists after you reinstall the file and your game, try installing the latest DirectX version to see if it fixes your issue. Here is how to do it:
2) Your download will start automatically once the page is open. Wait for the process to be complete
3) Open the downloaded file to install the latest DirectX.
4) Restart your PC and the program you’re having trouble with.
If your issue still exists, read on and check the fix below.
Fix 4: Update your graphics driver
If you keep getting the d3dx9_39.dll missing error, it’s unlikely that an outdated graphics driver is the core issue, but you should rule out the possibility. There are two ways you can get the latest correct driver for your graphics card:
- Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
- Option 2 – Automatically update your graphics driver
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
The manufacturer of your hardware keeps updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the manufacturer website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update your graphics driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Fix 5: Check for Windows updates
Windows releases regular updates to fix bugs. So, you should always ensure that your computer has all of the latest recommended Windows updates to keep your applications running smoothly. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type windows update and select Windows Update settings.
2) Click Check for updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the updates automatically.
3) Restart your computer and the program you want to run.
Hopefully, one of the methods above helped in resolving your issue. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.