Google Chrome users may come across an error called ERR_CACHE_MISS with a message that says “Confirm Form Resubmission“. This error usually happens when they are browsing a website. The error may come from problems on settings and configurations, extensions, cache system, etc, of Google Chrome. If you have encountered this issue, you can try the methods below that can help you solve your problem 1) Clear browsing data 2) Check browser extensions 3) Reset your browser 4) Upgrade your browser 5) Disable cache system 6) Reset network settings
1) Clear browsing dataIn fact, corrupted browsing data or files in your Chrome browser can cause various issues, including ERR_CACHE_MISS error. In this case you need to clear your browsing data. a) Click on control menu of Chrome. Select More tools and then Clear browsing data.
b) Choose the beginning of time for the time period, tick all items, and then click on Clear browsing data.
c) You have cleared your browsing data. Re-open your browser and see if the error is gone.
2) Check browser extensionsSome extensions or plugins can affect your browser and cause ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You need to check your Google extensions to find the source of the problem. a) Click on control menu of Chrome. Select More tools and then Extensions.
b) A list of extensions will appear. You can identify the problematic extensions by disabling or enabling them one by one. It is suggested that you try disabling the toolbars and ad blocking tools that you use in that these extensions can usually bring about problems.
3) Reset your browserIt is possible that the error results from improper browser settings or configurations. But if you don’t know exactly what is it that causes this problem, you can reset your browser to default settings. a) Open control menu and click on Settings.
b) Click on Show advanced settings at the bottom. Then scroll down and click on Reset settings.
c) Confirm your action.
d) Your browser settings is reset. Now check and see if this fixes the error.
4) Upgrade your browserThe earlier versions of Chrome browser can contain bugs that result in ERR_CACHE_MISS error. You can fix problems of this kind by upgrading your browser to its latest version. Try this and see if the error is gone.
5) Disable cache systemIf you come across ERR_CACHE_MISS error, you can use development tool to disable cache so as to go around this error. a) Press Ctrl + Shift + I keys. Then press F1 key. b) Scroll down to find Disable cache (while DevTools is open) in Network section. Check this item. Then reload the page and see if the problem resolves.
6) Reset network settingsSometimes faulty network settings can cause the error. You may need to open Command Prompt to reset these settings. a) Press Win key and type “cmd“. Right click on Command Prompt in the result and select Run as administrator.
b) Type the following lines of command in Command Prompt. (Note that you should press Enter after typing each line and before going to the next line.)
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
17 people found this helpful