How to Fix MSVCR110.dll is missing
If you’re seeing the MSVCR110.dll is missing error in your computer, don’t worry. This is a common error and you can fix MSVCR110.dll is missing quickly and easily.
How do I fix MSVCR110.dll is missing
This might be caused by the driver issues. Before you move on, it’s suggested that you update the driver first. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Then you can try the following solutions to fix the issue. You don’t need to try them all; just work you way down until it solves your problem.
- Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- Reinstall the program
- Run a virus scan for your system
- Run the Windows System File Checker
What is MSVCR110.dll is missing
The msvcr110.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++. Some programs or applications that are running with Visual C++ need the msvcr110.dll file in your computer.
So the error msvcr110.dll is missing (or msvcr110.dll is not found) appears when you want to run a program that requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
As mentioned, the error occurs when trying to run the program that requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012, so you can reinstall the package in your computer to solve the problem.
1) Go to Microsoft download center.
2) Click Download.
3) Select the file according to your system type (x64 for 64-bit and x86 for 32-bit). Then click Next.
4) After downloading, double click the downloaded .exe file, and follow the instructions to install.
5) Restart your Windows. Then open the same program to see if it works.
This should resolve your problem. If not, try the following steps.
The dll file may be corrupted when installing the program, so you can also try to reinstall the program that gives the error to fix it.
1) Uninstall the program that gives the error,
2) Delete the associated file/folder in your computer.
3) Reinstall the program.
4) Launch the program again to see if the error is removed.
The virus in your system can also cause the msvcr110.dll is missing error, so you should run the full virus scan in your computer to make the system works properly.
Run a complete check with your anti-virus program, and Windows Defender may not be able to help, so you can try another anti-virus program, like Norton.
After scanning, follow the on screen instructions to fix any problem detected by your anti-virus program, then restart your computer to see if the problem is solved.
The msvcr110.dll is missing message can be caused by the system problem, so you should run System File Checker (SFC) to fix it. To do so:
1) Type cmd in the search box.
2) Right click Command Prompt (right click cmd if you’re using Windows 7), and select Run as administrator.
3) Type sfc /scannow in cmd (Command Prompt), and press Enter.
4) This can automatically fix the detected issue after scanning, so don’t close the window until Verification 100% complete.
It may take a few minutes. After completed, restart your computer and the error should be fixed.
That’s all there is to it. Which method helps? Feel free to leave us a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to further help.