Roblox is a fantastic online platform where you can enjoy numerous mini-games designed by other developers while building your own virtual worlds. However, many players complain Roblox keeps crashing on PC and it’s literally unplayable. If you’re troubled by the same problem, don’t frustrate, as you can fix it quite easily.
Fixes to try:
We’ve put together a list of fixes that helped other users stop Roblox crash. You may not try them all; just work your way down until you find the one that does the trick.
- Update your graphics driver
- Close unnecessary background programs
- Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Change the graphics quality
- Reinstall Roblox
Fix 1 – Update your graphics driver
The Roblox crash issue may indicate you’re using an outdated or corrupt graphics driver. To ensure a smooth experience with Roblox, you should always install the latest graphics driver as the driver update can not only fix bugs with your games but also boost the visual performance.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics card manufacturers keep releasing new drivers, but you need to spend some time searching the right one and installing it manually.
1) Download the correct graphics driver corresponding with your operating system from the manufacturer’s websites:
2) Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update the graphics driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The driver update should solve the crashing issue and also improve your gaming performance remarkably. But if this method doesn’t work, please move on to Fix 2.
Fix 2 – Close unnecessary background programs
Roblox may fail to operate properly when there is too much background process and not enough system resource. So before gaming, you should just shut down those unnecessary background programs.
1) Right-click any empty place on the taskbar and click Task Manager.
2) Right-click each resource-hogging application, and then click End task to close them one by one.
Relaunch Roblox and check if the crashing issue is resolved. If not, there are three more methods below.
Fix 3 – Temporarily disable your antivirus
Anti-virus software aims to prevent your PC from any potential threats, but sometimes, it’s over-protective and will mistakenly block your apps like Roblox. You can temporarily disable your antivirus to identify whether it’s the culprit.
If Roblox stops crashing after you turn off the antivirus, you’ll need to whitelist the Roblox-related files so that you can play it as intended. This process will vary on different antivirus programs. If you don’t know how to do this, please consult your antivirus documentation for further instructions.
If Roblox remains crashing with no antivirus running, that means the anti-virus applications aren’t to blame, and you can go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 4 – Change the graphics quality
A low-powered computer may find it difficult to cope with the superior graphics levels. So, if the graphics quality is set too high, Roblox is likely to crash. In this case, you should appropriately adjust the settings, and here’s how:
1) Open Roblox. Then, click the menu icon at the upper-left corner.
2) Select the Settings tab. Then, set the Graphics Mode to Manual.
3) Drag the slider next to Graphics Quality to the left.
After you lower the graphics quality, there should be a significant improvement in the game’s speed and no crashes. But if the problem persists, try the next fix below.
Fix 5 – Reinstall Roblox
The methods above may resolve the Roblox keeps crashing issue, but if they don’t, try reinstalling Roblox as a last resort. To fully remove Roblox from your computer and perform a fresh reinstallation, please follow the instruction below carefully.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Then, type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
2) Click the Roblox app and click Uninstall.
3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time to open the File Explorer.
4) Navigate to C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Local. Then, click the Roblox folder and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
5) Download Roblox from your Microsoft store and reinstall the game.
Join any Roblox games to see if they run a lot more smoothly now.
We’ll be glad if you resolved the Roblox keeps crashing problem with one of the fixes listed. If you have further questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below.