Roblox is fun, but when you can’t even launch Roblox, it’s definitely not fun. Roblox not launching is quite common, and the good news is there are some known fixes available. Read on to find out what they are…
Try these fixes…
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick!
Fix 1: Restart your PC
The first and easiest thing you should try is a restart of your PC. Many gamers are able to launch Roblox after they restart their computers, so it’s definitely worth trying.
If rebooting your PC doesn’t solve your problem, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Check your browser
When you choose a game on Roblox’s website and click to play, there should be a pop-up window that allows you to open the Roblox app. If the pop-up window doesn’t show in your browser, or it won’t launch Roblox with your permission, then you can try using another browser.
In addition, check if your browser is up-to-date. If not, update it then test the issue. Some players are also able to launch Roblox after they clear the browser’s cache, so it’s definitely worth trying.
If your browser doesn’t seem to cause the Roblox not launching problem, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3: Reset your Internet options
The steps below need to be done in Internet Explorer, but it has been proven to fix the not launching issue for other browsers as well. Here’s how to reset your Internet options on Internet Explorer:
- Open your Internet Explorer. If it’s not on your desktop, you can search for it in the Start menu, or in the search bar next to the Start button.
- Click the gear-shaped icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet options.
- Switch to the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Check the option of Delete personal settings, then click Reset.
- Restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
Now you can continue to use the browser of your choice and test the issue. If this doesn’t solve your problem, try the next fix.
Fix 4: Check your proxy settings
If your PC is trying to connect through a proxy server, Roblox may fail to launch. Here’s how to check and configure your proxy settings:
- In the search bar next to your Start button (or in the Start menu), type proxy then click Change proxy settings.
- Make sure that User setup script and Use a proxy server are set to off.
If this fix doesn’t help, try the last fix.
Fix 5: Reinstall Roblox desktop app
Many gamers are able to solve the not launching problem after they reinstall the Roblox desktop app. Just make sure you fully uninstall the app before you reinstall it. Here’s all you need to do:
To uninstall the Roblox app:
- First, make sure all other programs are closed and not running in the background to avoid anything that could interfere with the reinstallation.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R to invoke the Run box.
- Type control panel, then click OK.
- Switch to View by: Small icons, then click Programs & Features.
- Find Roblox, right-click it then click Uninstall.
To remove the Roblox folder:
- Press the Windows logo key and E to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Local
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
To reinstall the Roblox desktop app:
- Go to Roblox’s website and log in to your account.
- Choose a game you like and click the Play button.
- A pop-up window will notify you as the Roblox app is being automatically downloaded.
- Once the app is installed, you should find the game open and you’re able to play it now.
Hopefully this article solves your problem and you can now launch Roblox! Please feel free to leave a comment if you have further questions or suggestions.