Roblox is definitely fun, but we’ve seen many players reporting that Roblox is not working. Somehow it just won’t launch and not letting people play the games. If you’re in the same boat, no worries! We’ve got a few working fixes you can try.
Try these fixes…
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick!
3: Reset your Internet options
5: Reinstall Roblox desktop app
Bonus: How to keep Your PC at top condition and bring a better gaming experience
Fix 1: Restart your PC
The first and easiest thing you should try is a restart of your PC. Many players are able to launch Roblox after they restart their computers, so it’s definitely worth trying.
If rebooting your PC doesn’t solve your problem, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Check your browser
When you choose a game on Roblox’s website and click to play, there should be a pop-up window that allows you to open the Roblox app. If the pop-up window doesn’t show in your browser, or it won’t launch Roblox with your permission, then you can try using another browser.
In addition, check if your browser is up-to-date. If not, update it then test the issue. Some players are also able to launch Roblox after they clear the browser’s cache, so it’s definitely worth trying.
If your browser doesn’t seem to be the reason for Roblox not working, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3: Reset your Internet options
The steps below need to be done in Internet Explorer, but it has been proven to fix the Roblox not working issue on other browsers as well. Here’s how to reset your Internet options on Internet Explorer:
- Open your Internet Explorer. If it’s not on your desktop, you can search for it in the Start menu, or in the search bar next to the Start button.
- Click the gear-shaped icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet options.
- Switch to the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Check the option of Delete personal settings, then click Reset.
- Restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
Now you can continue to use the browser of your choice and test the issue. If this doesn’t solve your problem, try the next fix.
Fix 4: Check your proxy settings
Another common reason for Roblox not working is when you’re using a proxy server for Internet connection. Here’s how to configure your proxy settings:
- In the search bar next to your Start button (or in the Start menu), type proxy then click Change proxy settings.
- Make sure that User setup script and Use a proxy server are set to off.
If this fix doesn’t help, there’s one more fix you can try.
Fix 5: Reinstall Roblox desktop app
Many gamers were able to get Roblox working again after they reinstall the Roblox desktop app. Just make sure you fully uninstall the app before you reinstall it. Here’s all you need to do:
To uninstall the Roblox app:
- First, make sure all other programs are closed and not running in the background to avoid anything that could interfere with the reinstallation.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R to invoke the Run box.
- Type control panel, then click OK.
- Switch to View by: Small icons, then click Programs & Features.
- Find Roblox, right-click it then click Uninstall.
To remove the Roblox folder:
- Press the Windows logo key and E to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:Users(Your Username)AppDataLocal
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
To reinstall the Roblox desktop app:
- Go to Roblox’s website and log in to your account.
- Choose a game you like and click the Play button.
- A pop-up window will notify you as the Roblox app is being automatically downloaded.
- Once the app is installed, you should find the game open and you’re able to play it now.
Bonus: How to keep your PC at top condition and bring a better gaming experience
One of the easiest PC maintenance tips is to keep your drivers up-to-date. Updating your drivers regularly helps prevent many random issues you may run into.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers via Device Manager. Just note that Windows doesn’t always give you the latest version you might need, since its database isn’t updated very frequently.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your PC and your Windows version, and it will download and install the drivers correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) For example, I want to update my graphics and network adapter driver here. Click the Update button next to the flagged drivers to automatically download the correct version of them. Then you can manually install them (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Hopefully this article solves your problem and you can now launch Roblox! Please feel free to leave a comment if you have further questions or suggestions.