You computer screen won’t rotate after pressing the keyboard combination? Don’t worry. This is a common issue and you can fix the screen won’t rotate issue in your computer with the solutions below.
How to fix computer screen not rotating issue
Here are the solutions to try. You shouldn’t have to try them all; just work your way down until your screen rotates as wished.
- Make sure to enable Hot Keys
- Rotate computer screen via Display Settings
- Update the graphics card driver
If your screen is not rotating when you press the keyboard, you should ensure that Hot Keys have been enabled in your computer. To do so:
- Right click the empty area on your desktop, and select Graphics Options.
- Go to Hot Keys and make sure it’s checked Enable.
- Then go to Rotation, and select the option that you want:
Rotate To 0 Degree
Rotate to 90 Degree
Rotate to 180 Degree
Rotate to 270 Degree
- Then see if your screen will rotate to the orientation that you want.
If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have other solutions to try.
You can also try rotate your computer screen via the Settings application. Here’s what you can do:
If you’re using Windows 10:
- Right click on the empty area on your desktop, and select Display settings.
- In the Display pane, change the orientation to the following that you want:
- If the screen rotates to the orientation that you want, click Keep changes to save.
If you’re using Windows 7 and Windows 8:
- Click the Start button at the bottom left corner, and select Control Panel.
- Click Adjust screen resolution in the Appearance and Personalization section.
- In the Orientation section, select the rotation in the drop-down menu:
- If the orientation is what you want, click Keep changes to save.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
A missing or outdated graphics card driver can cause your screen won’t rotate in your computer. So you should keep your graphics card driver up to date.
There are two ways to update your graphics card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driver: you can go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer, find the latest version for your driver, and download and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driver: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try rotating your screen again to see if it works.
That’s it. Hope this post helps in resolving your screen won’t rotate. You’re welcome to write a comment below to let us know which solution helps. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know and we’ll see what more we can do.