WWE 2K20 keeps crashing on your PC? This is an issue that has been plaguing WWE 2K lovers since its launch. Luckily, there are some fixes you can try to troubleshoot the problem…
How to fix WWE 2K20 Crash
You may not have to try all the fixes; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Install the latest patch
- Run WWE 2K20 as administrator
- Verify game integrity
- Update your graphics driver
- Disable your antivirus program
- Run WWE 2K20 on the dedicated graphics card
Fix 1: Install the latest patch
In order to fix the plethora of bugs and glitches players have bumped into, 2K keeps releasing patches. It is possible that new releases include patches for the WWE 2K20 crashing problem. So it’s recommended that you install the new patches to see if it fixes the issue.
To check if there is a new patch, go to 2K Official Support Page and search for the latest update. If a patch is available, install it, then run your game again to check whether the crashing problem is resolved. If yes, then great! If the crashing issue persists, please try Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Run WWE 2K20 as administrator
In some cases, WWE 2K20 won’t run properly because it is not granted the necessary access to running the game. To make sure your game does not crash because of insufficient rights, you should run it as administrator.
Here is how to do it:
1) On your desktop, locate WWE 2K20, then right-click on WWE 2K20 and click Properties.
2) Click the Compatibility tab, tick the box for Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
3) Play the game again to see if the game runs smoothly. If yes, then great! If the crashing issue still occurs, please move on to Fix 3, below.
Fix 3: Verify game integrity
You may encounter this issue if some files of your game installation are corrupt or have been deleted as a false positive by antivirus programs. If this is the case, you should verify the integrity of game files to see if it can fix the issue.
1) Open the Steam client and navigate to the LIBRARY tab, then right-click on WWE 2K20 and select Properties.
2) Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…. After that, click CLOSE.
3) Launch WWE 2K20 again after you verify the integrity of the game files. If this issue persists, please try Fix 4, below.
Fix 4: Update your graphics driver
Your WWE 2K20 crash problem is probably being caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, or you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged graphics river to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Run the game again to see if the crashing issue is solved. If yes, then congrats! If it still crashes, please try Fix 5, below.
Fix 5: Disable your antivirus program
Running WWE 2K20 consumes lots of memory and CPU usage, so it’s possible that your antivirus program may detect it as some sort of threat and prevent it from running smoothly. So you might need to disable your antivirus temporarily and check if the crashing issue persists.
If the antivirus program is the cause of the problem, you can add WWE 2K20 to the program’s list of exclusions to bypass the issue.
WWE 2K20 still crashes? Don’t worry, you have one more fix to try.
Fix 6: Run WWE 2K20 on the dedicated graphics card
Your gaming PC may have a graphics chip as well as a graphics card with dedicated memory in it. If this is the case, you should make sure games run on the graphics card to see if the crashing problem can be mitigated.
Here are the steps on how to set your game to run on Nvidia graphics card:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
2) In View by, choose Large icons. Then click Nvidia Control Panel to open it.
3) In Nvidia Control Panel, click Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add.
4) In the window that opens, choose WWE2K20_x64, then click Add Selected Program.
5) In Select the preferred graphics processor for this program, select High-performance NVIDIA processor. Then click Apply.
6) Launch WWE 2K20 and check to see if the crashing issue is fixed.
Hopefully the article has pointed you in the right direction in resolving the WWE 2K20 crash issue. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!