How to Fix X3DAudio1_7.dll Missing or Not Found Errors Easily
You may see the X3DAudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors in your computer when launching a program. The error messages can read either:
- X3DAudio1_7.dll Not Found
- The file x3daudio1_7.DLL is missing
- The program can’t start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.
The X3daudio1_7.dll file is related to DirectX package, so programs that use DirectX (games or other graphics applications) will report this error when there’s something wrong with the DLL file. But don’t worry. You can fix the error message with the solutions in this post.
How do I fix X3DAudio1_7.dll Missing or Not Found Errors
Here are the solutions that have helped other users resolve their problem. You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Install DirectX End-User Runtimes
- Run System File Checker
- Update graphics card driver
- Reinstall the application
The DirectX End-User Runtimes package provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX – the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC. So you can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors by installing this package in your Windows computer.
1) Go to Windows End-User Runtimes download page.
2) Select the appropriate language, and click Download.
3) Run the downloaded file, and follow the prompted instructions to finish installation.
4) Restart your computer and try the application that gave the error to see if it works now.
This should resolve your issue. If not, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.
The System File Checker (SFC) can help scan your system files and repair any corrupted system files for your computer. To do so:
1) Type cmd in the taskbar search box. Right-click Command Prompt (or cmd if you’re using Windows 7) to select Run as administrator, and then click Yes to confirm.
2) Type sfc /scannow in Command Prompt, and press Enter.
3) Windows will now verify the system files and automatically fix any issues.
4) After verification complete, exit the Command Prompt and try to launch the program.
Still no luck? Try the other methods below.
The missing or outdated graphics card driver can cause the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors in your computer, so you should verify that your graphics card driver is up to date, and update it if it’s not.
You can manually download the graphics card driver from the manufacturer’s website, and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged graphics device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and open your application to see if it works now.
As you can see in the error message, reinstalling the application can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors, because the installation files may contain the required DLL file. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click OK.
3) Right click the program that gave the error (in my case it’s Skype), then select Uninstall.
4) Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
5) Restart your computer.
6) Reinstall the program and launch the program.
This should resolve the DLL errors.
That’s it. Hope this post serves its purpose and help you fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors
If you have any further questions, feel free to add a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.