How to Fix X3DAudio1_7.dll Missing or Not Found Errors Easily
You may see the X3DAudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors in your computer when launching a program. The error messages can read either:
- X3DAudio1_7.dll Not Found
- The file x3daudio1_7.DLL is missing
- The program can’t start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.
The X3daudio1_7.dll file is related to DirectX package, so programs that use DirectX (games or other graphics applications) will report this error when there’s something wrong with the DLL file. But don’t worry. You can fix the error message with the solutions in this post.
How do I fix X3DAudio1_7.dll Missing or Not Found Errors
Here are the solutions that have helped other users resolve their problem. You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Install DirectX End-User Runtimes
- Reinstall the application
- Copy the file from another computer
- Bonus Tip
The DirectX End-User Runtimes package provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX – the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC. So you can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors by installing this package in your Windows computer.
1) Go to Windows End-User Runtimes download page.
2) Select the appropriate language, and click Download.
3) Run the downloaded file, and follow the prompted instructions to finish installation.
4) Restart your computer and try the application that gave the error to see if it works now.
This should resolve your issue. If not, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.
As you can see in the error message, reinstalling the application can fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors, because the installation files may contain the required DLL file. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click OK.
3) Right click the program that gave the error (in my case it’s Skype), then select Uninstall.
4) Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
5) Restart your computer.
6) Reinstall the program and launch the program.
You can also fix this error by copying the same file from another computer and paste it to your own. To do so:
- Find another computer that runs the same operating system as yours.
The versions (Windows 10/8/7) and architectures (32-bit/64-bit) of both operating systems must be the same.
- On that computer, open File Explorer (by pressing the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard), then go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy the X3DAudio1_7.dll there.
- Paste the copied file to the same location (C:\Windows\System32) on your own computer. (You may need an external storage device, like a flash drive.)
Try launching the application again and it should be working.
Updating device drivers should always be the prior option when something goes wrong with your computer. You can choose to manually update device drivers via Windows Update, or from the trusted manufacturer website. This takes time and computer skills, and you need to ensure that the downloaded device driver should be compatible with your operating system all the time.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged graphics device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
This should resolve the DLL errors.
That’s it. Hope this post serves its purpose and help you fix the x3daudio1_7.dll missing or not found errors
If you have any further questions, feel free to add a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.