YouTube Green Screen Issues [Fixed]
Got a green screen on YouTube? You’re certainly not the only one. But don’t worry, it can be easily fixed…
Fixes For YouTube Green Screen in Windows Issue
Hardware Acceleration is a feature in browsers that tasks GPU with all the graphics and text rendering, hence giving us a better video playing and watching experience.
But sometimes it’s also the culprit of this green-screen-on-YouTube issue. To disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome and FireFox:
- In Chrome, in the top right corner, click on the three vertical dots button > Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Then scroll down to the bottom and in System, disable the toggle next to Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Re-launch your Chrome, play a video in YouTube and hopefully it’s working properly.
- In Firefox, click the menu button > Options.
- Scroll down to Performance, then un-check the boxes before Use recommended performance settings and Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Re-launch your Firefox, play a video in YouTube and hopefully it’s working properly.
If turning off hardware acceleration fails to solve the green screen on YouTube, then your graphics driver is most likely at fault. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer, play a video in YouTube to see if it works properly now.
That’s it –2 easy fixes for your YouTube Green Screen problem. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions or ideas to share with us.