Fix Youtube Videos Not Playing [4 Methods]
It is common that Youtube videos won’t play on Chrome, Firefox, Safari or IE. If you are unluckily having Youtube videos not working issue, don’t worry. You can fix the issue quickly with the methods in this post. The issue can have different causes. It’s suggested that you try the methods one by one until you have the problem solved.
If the browser is outdated, it’s possible that the videos fails to play. So ensure that your browser is up to date.
First, check for the version of your browser. Second, search for the latest version online. After comparing the two versions, you’ll know if the browser is outdated then you’ll know if you need to update it.
Too many caches and cookies may cause Youtube video not working. So try to clear the cache and cookies. The steps to clear the cache and cookies depend on the browser you are using. Below we’ll show the steps to clear cache on Google Chrome, Firefox and IE. If you are using other browsers and have no idea how to clear the cache, go to their official website for the detailed instructions.
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click More . Point to More tools and select Clear browsing data…
3. Ensure the checkbox next to Cookies and other site and plugin data and Cached images and files is clicked.
4. Obliterate the items from the beginning of time to delete all data.
5. Click Clear browsing data.
6. Restart Windows and play the Youtube video again.
1. Open Firefox.
2. Click Three-line Menu button at the top right corner and click History.
3. Click Clear Recent History…
4. Select the Time range to clear. Expand Details and ensure Cookies and Cache are selected. Then click Clear Now button.
5. Restart Windows and play the Youtube video again.
1. Open IE.
2. Click the Tool icon -> Safety -> Delete browsing history…
3. Ensure Preserve Favorites website data, Temporary Internet files and website files and Cookies and website data are selected. Then click Delete button.
4. Restart Windows and play the Youtube videos again.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player has worked for many windows users who were experiencing Youtube videos not playing as you.
Note if you haven’t installed Adobe Flash Player, you can’t play any Youtube videos. Ensure that you have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer.
The problem could be due to internet connections. One solution to this problem is reset the connection settings. It may not definitely resolve the problem but it’s worth a try. Just a few mouse clicks are needed.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. View by Large icons and click Internet Options.
3. Click Advanced tab. Then click Restore advanced settings button and Reset button. Then click Apply button to apply the changes.
Hope the methods above will fix your Youtube videos not playing issue.
If none of the fixes above worked, or you just don’t have the time or confidence to troubleshoot the problem for yourself, get us to fix it for you. All you need to do is buy a 1-year subscription to Driver Easy (just $29.95) and you get free technical support as part of your purchase. Then you can contact our computer technicians directly, explain your problem, and they’ll investigate to see if they can resolve it remotely.