How to Manually Update Drivers in Windows 7
To manually update driver in Windows 7, follow these steps:
1. Click Start menu and right-click on Computer.
2. Click Manage.
3. Click Device Manager in left pane.
4. In Device Manager window, expand categories and locate the device that you wish to update the driver for. For instance, if you used Driver Easy to download “Realtek High Definition Audio” driver, find this device under “Sound, video and game controllers” category. Then right-click on the device name and select Update Driver Software…
Note: For some devices, the device name displayed in Driver Easy is different from the device name displayed in Device Manager.
In Driver Easy, you can click on the driver and get the name of current driver. Then locate the device in Device Manager using this name.
5. Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
6. Click on Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file.
In Driver Easy, click on the Down Triangle button then select Open File Location to get the location of the downloaded driver file.
Alternatively, you can copy and paste the location address of the downloaded driver files to the box.
the location address:
7. Click on Next button to install the driver.
As you can see, it is not easy to update drivers manually even by following the detailed steps. And it takes time. It is recommended that you upgrade Driver Easy to Professional Version. With Professional Version, all driver updates can be done automatically in one click. You don’t need to install the driver step by step. You can just leave the program running to update drivers and do something else. Click here to download Driver Easy.