How to Manually Update Drivers in Windows XP
To manually update driver in Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Click on Start menu.
2. Right-click on My Computer and click Manage.
3. Click Device Manager in left pane.
4. In Device Manager window, expand categories and locate the device that you wish to update the driver for. Then right-click on the device name and select Update Driver…
Following screenshot is for your reference.
Note: For some devices, the device name displayed in Driver Easy is different from the device name displayed in Device Manager.
In Driver Easy, you can click on the driver and get the name of current driver. Then locate the device in Device Manager using this name.
5. Select No, not this time and click Next button.
6. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and click Next button.
7. Select Search for the best driver in these locations and check Include this location in the search.
Click Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file. Click Next button to install the driver.
In Driver Easy, click on the Down Triangle button then select Open File Location to get the location of the downloaded driver file.
As you can see, it is not easy to update drivers manually even by following the detailed steps. And it takes time. It is recommended that you upgrade Driver Easy to Professional Version. With Professional Version, all driver updates can be done automatically in one click. You don’t need to install the driver step by step. You can just leave the program running to update drivers and do something else.