If you’re facing the Code 28 error – “The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)”, don’t worry. In this post, you’ll learn how to fix it easily & quickly.
The Code 28 error is mainly caused by the faulty or outdated device driver. To fix the problem, you need to reinstall your device driver.
Here’s how to do it:
1. On your taskbar, right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
2. Right-click the device that causes the Code 28 error, then select Uninstall device.
3. In the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall again.
4. After uninstalling the device, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver for your device and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Or if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to reinstall the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Or click the Update button next to the flagged device driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
After reinstalling your driver, restart your PC and check if Error Code 28 occurs again.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problem! If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.