How to reinstall Wi-Fi driver on windows 10 [Easily]
Want to reinstall your Wi-Fi driver on your Window 10 PC? If so, you’ve come to the right place! After reading this article, you should be able to reinstall your Wi-Fi driver easily and quickly!
If you’re having wireless performance or connectivity issues, it is a good choice to reinstall the driver for your wireless network adapter. By reinstalling your Wi-Fi driver, you can fix many unexpected network issues.
Follow these steps
- Uninstall the driver for your wireless network adapter in Device Manager
- Reinstall the driver for your wireless network adapter
- Bonus tip: How to update your network driver automatically
You can uninstall the driver for your wireless network adapter in Device Manager. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Then select Device Manager. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Device Manager.
- In Device manager, right-click on the name of your wireless network adapter and select Uninstall device to uninstall the driver for your wireless network adapter.
- Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
When it is finished, your wireless network adapter will disappear from the list of Network adapters.
It is pretty easy to reinstall the driver for your wireless network adapter. Here is how to do it:
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters. Then click Action.
- Click Scan for hardware changes. Then Windows will detect the missing driver for your wireless network adapter and reinstall it automatically.
- Double-click Network adapters. Normally, your wireless network adapter will reappear in the list, which suggests the driver for your wireless network adapter has been reinstalled.
Sometimes, reinstalling the driver for your wireless network adapter may not resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issues. To fix these issues, you need to update the driver for your wireless network adapter.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your network driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your wireless network adapter to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave us a comment below.