StarTech Driver Issues in Windows 10/8/7 [Solved]
If you’re having an issue with your StarTech drivers in your Windows computer, don’t worry. This post will show you how to download or update StarTech drivers to solve your issues.
StarTech drivers enables the smooth connection and functionality between your StarTech devices (such as StarTech USB, StarTech USB to VGA adapter) and your Windows computer. So you should keep your StarTech drivers up to date in order to have the best possible experience.
How to download or update StarTech drivers
- Download or update StarTech drivers manually
- Download or update StarTech drivers automatically
- Download or update StarTech drivers via Device Manager
You can manually download the drivers for your StarTech devices from StarTech Support center.
Before getting started, you should know your StarTech Product ID, which is a combination of letters and numbers. You can find the product ID on the product itself, or you can find it on the packaging or box it came in.
1) Go to StarTech Driver Download center.
2) Search for your StarTech driver by entering the product ID. For example, you can search IPUSB2VGA for your Ethernet to VGA converter.
3) Click your device to go to the Support section.
4) Download the driver package to your computer, and unzip the file and select the latest version of your driver that is compatible with your Windows operating system.
5) Install the driver in your computer.
If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have other solutions.
Manually downloading the drivers for your StarTech devices requires time and computer skills. If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged StarTech device to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install it in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
You can also update your StarTech drivers via Device Manager, where you can view and manage the hardware device and the driver software in your Windows computer. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) In Device Manager, find your StarTech device, and right click on it to select Update driver.
4) Choose Search automatically for updated driver software, and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
That’s it. Hope this article helps in resolving your StarTech driver issues and updating your StarTech drivers in Windows.