You would never want to miss out your favorite live TV shows. This article shows you how to watch live TV on Kodi easily and quickly.
How Can I Watch Live TV on Kodi?
Generally Kodi can act as a PVR frontend to many PVR software, and you need to install an add-on to watch live TV on Kodi. You’ll need to read on the things before getting started. If you already know the path of the repository where you can install the add-on, just refer to the general guide to install an add-on. If you are a beginner and don’t know the path of the repository to install add-ons on Kodi, it’s highly recommended to go with the tutorial on how to install add-ons with the SuperRepo to watch live TV, or install add-ons with the Kodi repository on Kodi.
- Things to know before getting started
- Install add-ons with the SuperRepo to watch live TV
- Install add-ons with the kodi repository to watch live TV
- General guideline to install an add-on to watch live TV on Kodi
There are several things to know before going on:
1. Notifications before getting started
This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, please access and watch the content legally.
Kindly note that neither Driver Easy nor Kodi encourages the piracy. You should use Kodi and its add-ons legally.
2. The Best add-ons to watch live TV on Kodi
The best add-ons to watch live TV on Kodi in 2018 are: cCloud TV, BBC iPlayer, USTV now, Pluto TV and MLS TV, etc. You can install almost all these add-ons with the SuperRepo or the Kodi add-on repository introduced in this article.
3. Configure settings before installing Exodus on Kodi
Sometimes the add-ons you are installing come from unknown developers, and Kodi restricts downloading add-ons and watching videos from unknown sources. So you’ll need to set up allowing unknown sources in your Kodi.
1) Open Kodi, click Settings > System settings.
2) Click Add-ons, and tap the button next to Unknown sources, then click Yes to confirm.
3) Then you can install add-ons from unknown sources in your Kodi to improve your experience.
4. Get a VPN to use Kodi
Using add-ons on your Kodi can be geo-restricted if you’re using Internet from your ISP. That is to say, you may not be able to watch videos or TV shows because of your network location. That’s why you need to use a VPN in order to use Kodi and stream videos without geo-restrictions.
To prevent any possible problems like Exodus not working, video not streaming, you should install a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN will mask the video, so your ISP won’t recognize it as a Kodi video and, as a result, won’t block it.
To find a VPN, just search VPN in your browser, then pick the one with the best reputation. If you don’t have time or patience, you can try NordVPN.
NordVPN helps you bypass geo-restrictions to get all add-ons desired, keeps you protected from snooping eyes, and secures your data to keep your online activity private. It’s safe and easy to use!
Click NordVPN coupon to get NordVPN coupon code first, then you’ll be redirected to NordVPN homepage.
- Download NordVPN in your device. You can get 75% OFF now to buy and use it.
- Run NordVPN and open it.
- Connect to a server in a chosen location.
All Set! Now you can use Kodi without being restricted by your network. Enjoy it!
Installing the SuperRepo addon repository in Kodi offers you the access to over 5, 000 addons for free! You can spend much less time and install much more add-ons with the SuperRepo. Meanwhile you can install the best add-ons to watch live TV with the SuperRepo, such as BBC iPlayer, USTV now and Pluto TV. Follow the steps below:
1) On the main menu of Kodi, click Settings > File manager.
2) Double click Add source > None.
3) Type the following URL or copy and paste the URL, and click OK.
4) Type a name for the repository, foe example: SuperRepo. Then click OK to save.
5) Press Backspace or Esc to go back to the home page on Kodi. Click Add-ons.
6) Click the Package icon on the upper left.
7) Click Install from zip file. Then select SuperRepo (the source you just saved).
8) Select the Kodi version you have, for example, Krypton.
9) Select repositories > superrepo > superrepo.kodi.krypton.repositories-xxx.zip.
10) It will install the repository in your Kodi.
11) You’ll automatically back to the page of Install from zip file, click Install from repository.
12) Click SuperRepo Repositories [Krypton (this should be the version name of your Kodi that you just selected)].
13) Select Add-on repository > SuperRepo Category Video [Krypton (this should be the version name of your Kodi that you just selected)].
14) Click Install at the bottom right corner, and the SuperRepo Video repositories starts to install.
15) Click Install from repository, then select SuperRepo Category Video > Video add-ons.
16) You’ll see a long list with many add-ons, and select the one that you want to install and watch live TV, such as BBC iPlayer, USTV now, Pluto TV and MLS TV.
17) Click Install at the bottom right corner, then it will start to download and install the add-on.
18) Go back to the main menu > Video add-ons, then click the add-on you just installed and open it.
Kodi has the default repository when you install Kodi in your device, so you can also install the add-ons to watch live TV with the Kodi add-on repository which is developed by the Kodi Team. Follow the instructions:
1) Go to the main menu on your Kodi > Add-ons > the Package icon on the upper left.
2) Click Install from repository > Kodi add-on repository.
3) Click Video add-ons, and you should see a list of all the available video add-ons.
4) Select an add-on that you would like to install to watch live TV, such as Cheddar, Arte and USTV now.
5) After selecting, you should see a menu list at the bottom, then click Install to install the add-ons.
6) Wait for a few minutes for it to install. Then you can go back to Kodi home page > Add-ons > My add-ons to open the add-on and enjoy watching the live TV shows.
As we know, Kodi features the API to add the third-party add-on into the software, so we can enjoy various video sources on Kodi. If you have already known the path and the zip file name of the add-on you want to install, you can just follow the guideline below:
1) Open Kodi, and click Settings > File manager.
2) Double click Add source > None.
3) Type the path URL of the media, and click OK.
4) Type a name for the path and click OK twice to save it.
5) Back to the main menu, click Add-ons, then click the Package icon on the upper left.
6) Click Install from zip file, then select the zip file you just saved. And you’ll need to select several times to locate to the file you need to installed.
7) After the repository installed, click Install from repository, and select the repository you just installed.
8) Select the add-on type you need to installed. For example, if you want to install Exodus or the add-ons to watch live TV shows, you should select Video add-ons.
9) find out the add-on you want to install, and click it to Install.
10) Wait for a few seconds to it to install. You’ll see a notification on the upper right to show Add-on Installed.
11) Then you can go to Add-ons > My add-ons to check and open the add-on you install.
Here are the tutorials to install add-ons to watch live TV on Kodi. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.