Are your getting the ‘HP My Display has stopped working
‘ error on your Windows computer? This is very annoying. But there’s nothing scarier, you’re certainly not the only one. Luckily, we’ve found the answer for you.
Step 1: Uninstall HP My Display on your computer
Step 2: Update your graphics card driver and HP monitor driver
Step 3: Reinstall HP My Display on your computer
Firstly, uninstall HP My Display on your computer
To do so:
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key then press R to bring up the Run box.
- Type control and press Enter.
- Select Programs and Features when selected to View by Large icons.
- Right-click HP My Display to select Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
Then, update your graphics card driver and HP monitor driver
You can choose to update your device drivers through Device Manager
to let Windows detect and install the updates automatically.
But Microsoft can’t not always detect the update for your device drivers. Instead, you can manually download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website
, if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics card driver and monitor driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.) Note: You can also do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Last, download the latest version of HP My Display to install it on your computer
- Go to the official HP website.
- Click Download Now.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install HP My Display on your computer.
HP My Display should then be running without problem after the installation.
Do you fix the HP My Display has stopped working error? Feel free to comment below with your own experiences.