The Nether Update is here. But players are complaining about the low FPS. If you happened to be one of them, don’t worry. Here are some methods on how to increase FPS in Minecraft.
Try these methods:
You might not need to try them all; simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Close RAM intensive tasks
- Update your graphics drivers
- Change in-game settings
- Disable fullscreen optimizations
- Set javaw.exe to high priority
- Install mods
Method 1: Close RAM intensive tasks
RAM intensive tasks like web browsers and word processors can use a lot of memory and thus, might cause low FPS on your games. So you can end those tasks while gaming.
1) Press Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard and type taskmgr.
2) Under the Processes tab, right-click on the task you want to close and select End task.
Method 2: Update your graphics drivers
Graphics cards help everything visual display properly on your computer. So if they’re corrupt or out-of-date, you wouldn’t be able to have a great gaming experience even though you’re using a high-end computer.
Option 1: Manually update your graphics drivers
To update your graphics drivers, you need to check the drivers installed on your computer first. Then go to the manufacturer’s website to download and install the correct drivers corresponding with your system. You can do this by following these steps:
1) Press Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to bring up the Run box.
2) Type dxdiag in the box and hit Enter.
3) When the window prompts, select the Display tab and now take notes on the Name & Manufacturer of your display adapter.
4) Click the link based on your needs to download and install the drivers manually.
Option 2: Automatically update your graphics drivers (recommended)
If you don’t feel like updating the drivers all on your own, we recommend you use Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads, and installs the correct versions of drivers that your computer needs. With Driver Easy, updating graphics drivers becomes much easier.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any outdated or missing drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your graphics driver to automatically download the correct driver for your computer, then you can manually install it.
Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system
(This requires the Pro version with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
After that, play Minecraft and check if the problem is solved. If not, move on to the next method.
Method 3: Change in-game settings
Sometimes the video settings by default might not provide you with great gaming performance. So changing it in the game’s Options menu can make your gameplay smoother.
Below are the video settings you’re supposed to change:
|Render Distance||4 Short|
After applying the changes, play the game. If this doesn’t enhance the performance, try the next method.
Method 4: Disable fullscreen optimizations
When you have trouble with FPS, you can try disabling fullscreen optimizations to help you solve the problem.
1) Right-click on the Minecraft shortcut on your desktop and select Properties.
2) Select the Compatibility tab, check Disable fullscreen optimizations and click Apply.
Now launch the game to check if it does the trick. If not, move on to the next method.
Method 5: Set javaw.exe to high priority
Setting javaw.exe to high priority is proved to be working for some players. So if you want to make Minecraft perform better, give it a shot.
1) Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
2) Under the Details tab, right-click on javaw.exe, then Set priority > High.
Method 6: Install mods
There’re certain mods that are specifically for the increase in FPS. So you can install them to improve your game performance.
Download the mods
BetterFps and Optifine are gaining more popularity among the players to boost FPS in Minecraft. So below are the download links for you to access the mods. Choose one of them and select the version that corresponds with your Minecraft.
Install the mods
You can follow the instructions below to install the mods:
1) Donwload and install Minecraft Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Forge.)
Navigate to the Download Recommended section and click Installer. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
Here we recommend you download the recommended version of Forge because the latest version would have some unresolved bugs.
2) Press Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to bring up the Run box. Type %appdata% and hit Enter.
3) Go to folder /.minecraft/mods.
4) Put the jar file of the mods you installed into the mods folder and then run Minecraft.
So these are the methods for increasing FPS in Minecraft. Hopefully, they work for you and your game looks better and smoother! If you have any ideas or questions, please leave a comment below.