iPhone doesn’t show up in Windows 10 File Explorer [Solved]
If you’re on Windows 10 and you can’t see your iPhone in File Explorer when you plug it in, you’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users are reporting this problem as well. No worries, it’s possible to fix.
Here are 4 solutions for you to try. You may not need to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one works for you.
2: Ensure you have full control on iTunes folder
3: Switch active driver in Device Manager
4: Update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver (Recommended)
Before we begin, please make sure that your iTunes is the latest version and that you have checked Trust the computer you are plugging into.
After the download, install them as instructed.
You should be able to view your Apple iPhone under the category This PC now.
If you don’t have full control to your iTunes folder, you’re not likely to see iPhone showing up in your Windows Explorer. To fix it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time.
2) Click Music. Right-click iTunes and click Properties.
3) Under General bar, un-tick Read Only(Only applies to files in folder). Click Apply and OK to save and exit.
4) If problem persists, just ensure that you have full control on the iTunes folder. Go to iTunes properties window again. This time, go to Security bar. Click Edit….
5) Please make sure that you have Full control then click Apply to save the change and exit.
This problem can be fixed if you try to change to a different Apple Mobile USB driver. Here is how:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, then click Device Manager.
2) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Then double-click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
3) Under the Driver tab, click Update Driver….
4) Click: Browse my computer for driver software and Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.Click MTP USB Device and Next to continue.
5) If you can see the notification, your iPhone will show up as a mapped driver. Reboot your computer if necessary.
Your iPhone not showing up problem is probably being caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, or you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged Apple Mobile Use devices to automatically download and install the correct version of its driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).