Try these fixesHere are the fixes you can try. You don’t need to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Basic Tips you should check
- Make sure the software is up to date
- Update the device drivers
- Check the Apple Mobile Device Support and Service
- Reinstall iTunes on your computer
Why iPhone is not showing up on my computerThere’re several reasons why iPhone is not recognized by PC/Mac. The USB cable and USB port can be one of the common causes. If there’s something wrong with the USB cable or the USB port, your iPhone can’t connect to the computer, so your iPhone is not detected by PC. Others can be the software issues, such as the Windows system, the iOS version, or the iTunes issue. Also the Apple USB driver issue can cause PC not recognizing iPhone. Sometimes it’s hard to identify the exact cause, but there’re troubleshooting steps you can try. So before you throw your PC or iPhone out of the window, read on…
1. Restart your iPhone and computerYou can first disconnect your iPhone from your computer, and restart both your iPhone and computer. Then connect again to see if your iPhone shows up in your computer.
2. Check your USB cable and USB portSometimes the USB cable issue can prevent your iPhone from being detected. So you can try another USB cable to connect again to see if it works. You should also try another USB port on your computer to connect.
3. Always trust your computerYou’ll be prompted to select Trust or Don’t Trust your computer when you connect your iPhone to your computer, so you can take a look at your iPhone screen, and select Trust whenever you’re prompted this alert.
If it’s your first time to connect to your computer, you should also follow the prompted instruction on iTunes to connect.
If your computer is still not detecting iPhone after checking the three steps above, don’t worry. We still have a few solutions you can try.
1. Make sure your iOS version is up to dateYou should check your iOS version in your iPhone and update it if it’s not the latest version. 1) Launch the Settings app in your iPhone, and go to General > Software Update.
2) Check if there’s any update. If so, tap Download and Install to update your iPhone to the latest version.
2. Make sure your iTunes is up to dateYou should also check your iTunes version, and ensure it’s the latest version in your computer.
3) Follow the instructions to update if there’s any update. You should also make sure that the Windows or MacOS is updated. After checking these, reconnect your iPhone with your computer to see if your computer recognizes your iPhone. If the issue still persists, check the following solutions.
So you should verify the drivers are up to date, and update those that aren’t. There are two ways to update drivers: manually and automatically. Manually – You can manually update the Apple drivers by searching on the Internet, downloading the latest and correct driver and installing it in your computer. This requires the time and computer skills. Automatically – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you’ll have a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. 3) Click the Update button next to the flagged Apple USB device to automatically download and install the latest driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the all the latest correct drivers that is missing or outdated in your system (This requires the Pro version. You will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After installing the driver for your iPhone, restart your computer, reconnect your iPhone to see if it’s recognized. This should resolve the computer not recognizing iPhone issue. If the issue still persists, we have another solutions for you.
1. Make sure Apple Mobile Device Support is installed1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
3) In the program list, check if you see Apple Mobile Device Support is installed.
If not, you should reinstall iTunes in order to install the Apple Mobile Device Support.
2. Make sure Apple Mobile Device Service is running1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Double click Apple Mobile Device Service.
4) Make sure the Startup type is selected as Automatic, and the Service status is Running.
After enabling the Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Mobile Device Service, reconnect your iPhone to your computer to see if it works.Apple. 4) Launch iTunes on your computer. 5) Connect your iPhone with your computer to connect again. Hopefully your computer will recognize your iPhone. There you have it – The five solutions to solve computer not recognizing iPhone. Please add a comment below to let us know if these fixes resolved your issue. If you have any other issues, feel free to let us know, and we’ll do our best to help.