Laptop Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10/8/7 [FIXED]
If you run into the laptop touchpad not working issue,don’t worry. Here’re 3 easy fixes that have helped other users resolve the problem. So read on and check them out…
Try these fixes
All the screenshots below are from Windows 10, but the fixes also work in Windows 7.
You may not have to have them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Sometimes a simple restart can work like a charm in solving computer glitches and minor issues.
After the reboot, check your touchpad and see if it works. If not, move on to Fix 2.
You laptop-mouse-pad-not-working issue sometimes happens only because you’ve disabled it unknowingly. To turn it back on:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key , then copy & paste main.cpl into the box and click OK.
- Click the Device Settings tab > your device > Enable > Apply > OK.Step 2) might differ slightly depending on the build of your Windows Operating System. The bottom line is: enable your touch pad.
- Hopefully this turns your touchpad back on and solve the laptop touchpad not working issue. If the problem persists, try Fix 3.
Another major culprit for a not-working-touchpad is your outdated/corrupted/wrong/missing touchpad driver. You might need to update your touchpad driver to get your touchpad up and running again.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your touchpad driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Check and see if the laptop touchpad not working problem is resolved. 😉
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts. ?