Looking for the latest driver for your Logitech USB headset? In this article, you’ll learn every method to update your Logitech USB headset drivers, so you should be able to fix any sound issues on your own easily and quickly.
About Logitech USB headset drivers
What is a headset driver?
A headset driver converts electrical signals into sound, so it can really affect the quality of sound. Therefore, the driver is the most important unit in headsets, especially you’re using a high-end one.
So why using a Logitech USB headset?
A USB headset is actually a combination of headphones and a microphone. Computer headsets connecting over USB connection offer high-quality sound without creating noise.
How to install Logitech USB headset drivers?
Usually, you plug in, your computer will recognize the headset automatically and begin to install the Logitech USB headset drivers.
But sometimes you need to install the drivers manually if the driver is outdated, corrupted, or incompatible with your operating system.
How to update Logitech USB headset drivers
There are two ways you can update your Logitech USB headset drivers:
You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Method 1 – Use Device Manager
Most USB headsets use drivers that are included in your operating system and do not need additional software to run. So to update the driver for your Logitech USB headset, you can do it in Device Manager.
- Connect your Logitech headset to your computer.
- Right click the Start menu on the lower-left corner of your desktop.
- Click on View at the top and view Devices by container.
- Look for your device and expand it. It should be displayed as the name of the device, for example, Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset.
- Right click this device, and choose Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- Pay attention to the Driver Provider. If it’s Microsoft, click Update Driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If the driver is Logitech, click Update Driver and then Browse my computer for driver software > Browse, and navigate to C:\ProgramData\LGHUB\depots\2xxxx\driver_audio\ (note that although the five-digit number might be different).
- Click Next to update to the latest audio driver.
If updating the driver doesn’t fix some issues, you can right click the device and select Uninstall device, and check Delete the driver software for this device and then click Uninstall. Then plug it back into a USB port. It should be then be detected and the driver will be automatically downloaded.
Method 2:Automatically all device drivers
You can automatically update your Logitech USB headset drivers to the latest correct version with Driver Easy, along with other devices you’re using such as mouse and keyboards.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistakes when installing.
You can update your Broadcom Bluetooth drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it only takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged headset/sound card to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when your click Update All).
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave us a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to further help.