Netflix No Sound Issues [FIXED]
Many users are experiencing a Netflix no sound issue on their computer. If you happen to be in the same situation, don’t worry. It’s often quite easy to fix…
4 Fixes for Netflix no sound
Here’re 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the Netflix no sound in Windows 10 issue. Just work your way down the list until the problem is fixed.
- Adjust your audio settings in Netflix
- Update your audio driver
- Adjust the built-in audio settings
- Update Microsoft Silverlight
- In Netflix, play a video you want to watch.
- Click the dialog icon.
Check if surround sound (5.1) is selected. If yes, then try changing it to a non-5.1 option.
- See if you can hear any sound from the video in Netflix. If the no sound problem still lingers on, you should try Fix 2, below.
This problem may occur if you are using the wrong audio driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your audio driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer, then play a video in Netflix to see if the Netflix no sound issue has been resolved. If yes, then great! But if the problem still persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
You can also try manually setting default devices and the default format to see if it fixes the Netflix no sound issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type mmsys.cpl and press Enter.
- In the Playback tab, click the device you want to play Netflix through (speakers , headphones, HDMI, or Digital Audio). Then click Set Default – Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, then select 24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Again, play an audio in Netflix to test if the no sound on Netflix issue has been fixed.
Microsoft Silverlight is a browser plug-in Netflix uses for more interactive media experiences. So you should try updating the program via Windows Update or Microsoft’s official website Silverlight homepage to see if it can fix the Netflix no sound issue.
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.