Solved: NVIDIA Control Panel Not Working on Windows 10
You want to open your NVIDIA control panel as usual, but this time it’s not successful. It just doesn’t function. You can’t open it now. You must be annoyed and frustrated.
How do I fix NVIDIA control panel not working or not opening?
Here’re the 3 top effective methods to fix this problem. Work your way down the list until you can open your NVIDIA control panel.
It’s very likely your NVIDIA display driver is old or corrupted that makes your control panel not working or not opening. You probably can solve it through updating your NVIDIA display driver.
There are two ways you can get the right NVIDIA display driver: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your NVIDIA display driver manually by going to the official NVIDIA website, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that are compatible with your variant of Windows 10.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your NVIDIA display driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your NVIDIA graphics card and your variant of Windows 10, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. You NVIDIA driver is no exception.
3) With Free version: Click the Update button next to a flagged NVIDIA driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver.
With Pro version: Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee)
After updating your driver, please reboot your Windows 10 to make the new driver take effect. Then see if you can open your NVIDIA control panel.
If the NVIDIA Display Driver service stuck, you cannot open your NVIDIA control panel either.
Follow these to restart your NVIDIA Display Driver service:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Find and right-click on the NVIDIA Display Driver service. Then select Restart. If there’s no Restart option, click Start instead.
4) Right-click on the NVIDIA Display Driver service again and this time choose Properties.
5) Set the Startup type to be Automatic.
6) Now open your NVIDIA Control Panel to see if successfully.
Sometimes, a simple restart for the NVIDIA Control process can easily solve your problem.
1) On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open the Task Manager window.
2) Expand the NVIDIA Control Panel section, then right-click on NVIDIA Control Panel and select End task.
3) Now open your NVIDIA Control Panel to see if successfully.