We expect our Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 to deliver superb Internet speed, but sometimes it can bump into connection issues. If you’re experiencing a slow or unstable network or get the error message when troubleshooting:
“The Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware problems“
Don’t worry. The main reason is that the wireless adapter driver is outdated or corrupt, and a simple update can fix the problem.
There’re 2 ways you can update your Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 driver.
You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Manually
Normally, you can fix the driver problem by reinstalling the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 driver and let Windows update the driver for you.
- Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click on the Network adapters node to expand its drop-down list and locate the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter.
(If the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter doesn’t appear in the list, you can go to the “View” menu and select “Show Hidden Devices”.)
- Right-click Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter and select Uninstall device.
- First, tick the Delete the driver software for this device box, then click Uninstall. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter will now disappear from the list.
- Select Network adapters, then click Scan for hardware changes under the Action tab.
- Your Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless adapter driver will be reinstalled now. Expand Network adapters to check if your network adapter reappears in the list.
Odds are that if Windows fails to update this driver, you’ll need to download it from the Qualcomm official website, then install it on your computer.
Option 2 – Automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless adapter driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact graphics card, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless adapter driver to automatically download its correct version, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- Once complete, restart your computer for it to take full effect.
If the network doesn’t work at all and you can’t use Driver Easy, the Offline Scan of Driver Easy may save your day. Still, you need another PC with Internet access. Check this to see how to use the offline scan.
Hopefully, your Internet will be working like a charm now. If you bump into the same issue in the future, you can try reinstalling the driver or just update the driver with Driver Easy.
If the network still doesn’t work, you can try resetting the network adapter:
- Click the network icon in the lower right of your desktop, and click Network & Internet settings.
- Scroll down and click Network reset.
- Click Reset now. When a popup window asks you for permission, click Yes.
- Your PC will be automatically shut down. Make sure you have saved everything you’re working on.
Please feel free to leave us a comment if you have anything questions or want to share your own experience of fixing this problem.