Desktop Icons Missing in Windows 10 [Solved]
We have received complaints from users saying that the desktop icons for their Windows 10 would somehow disappeared even when they have made no changes to their system whatsoever.
This remains a mystery why would this happen, but all hopes are not lost. Here are some very easy-to-follow instructions to get your desktop icons restored.
1) Right click on the blank spot of your desktop, then choose Personalize.
2) On the left side of the pane, choose Themes, then on the right side, select Desktop icon settings.
3) Choose what icons you want to add or remove from your desktop, and then hit Apply and OK to save and exit.
If you are with Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system, and you also want to restore the icons back to the desktop, here is how you can do it.
1) Follow the path: Start button > Control Panel. View by Small icons, and then choose Personalization.
2) On the left side of the pane, choose Change desktop icons.
3) Choose the icons you want to add to or remove from the desktop, and then choose Apply and OK to save and exit.
That’s all! Just as simple as that!