Many people have reported that they got the Rocket League Lag issue, especially after Rocket League updates. It’s all a little baffling. Not to mention incredibly frustrating. But don’t worry, Many people have resolved their Rocket League lag issues with the solutions in this post, in which introduces 6 solutions for you to fix Rocket League Lag. Whether you’re getting issues like connection lags, or FPS drops, this post should help you resolve the problems. So before you abandon Rocket League, read on…
6 fixes for Rocket League Lag on computerHere are a few fixes that have helped other users resolve their Rocket League lag issues. Try these fixes:
- Install the latest game patch
- Stop overclocking your CPU
- Update graphics card driver and network driver
- Configure the game settings
- Update Windows system
- Configure the Windows settings
Fix 1: Install the latest game patchIt’s still recommended to check for Rocket League game updates, and install the latest game patch to solve the issue. As Psyonix states that it’s a known issue and they’re actively working on the issue, they keep releasing updates to fix the known bugs and improve the gaming experience. And recently they’ve released an update with the Connection Quality Indicator feature, so you can have a better idea of the lag issue and then fix it. So you should check the game update in Steam or from the official website, and keep Rocket League up to date.
Fix 2: Stop overclocking your CPUAn increased CPU speed can undermine your game stability. If you’ve overclocked your CPU and then your Rocket League lags, you should set your CPU clock speed back to the default. If this fixes your problem, great! But if not, there are two more fixes you can try…
Fix 3: Update graphics card driver and network driverThe missing or outdated graphics card driver can cause the FPS drop, while the missing or outdated network adapter driver can cause the connection lag issue, so you should verify that the drivers in your computer are up to date, and update those that aren’t. You can go to the manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest version of the driver in your computer, and make sure to install the driver that is matched with your Windows system. This is time-consuming. If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Drive Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version the this driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install it in your computer. Or click Update All the automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating, restart your computer, and open the game to see if it works.
Fix 4: Configure the game settingsThe incorrect settings in your Rocket League can cause the lag issue, so you should check the following setting in your Rocket League. 1) Go to the location when your RocketLeague.exe file is saved in your computer. 2) Right click RocketLeague.exe, and select Properties.
3) Click the Compatibility tab. Check the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:, and make sure Application is selected in the list, then check the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
4) Click Apply and OK to save.
Then restart your computer, launch your Rocket League to see if it works better.
Fix 5: Update Windows systemTo fix the Rocket League lag issue, you should keep your Windows up to date, as the latest Windows system can bring the best possible computer performance, and that can also improve the gaming experience. So you should go to Check for Updates in your computer, and download the available Windows updates, and try your Rocket League again.
Fix 6: Configure the Windows settingsThe poor computer performance can cause the Rocket League lag issue, so after Windows Update, you should also configure some settings in your computer to make them performs the best. There’re lots of things we can further do to boost the computer performance for Rocket League and other games, and we may not cover them all in this post. But we listed below some of the important settings we can do.
1. Limit startup programs in Task ManagerMassive programs run in startup can slow down your computer, so you should check and limit the startup programs. To do so, follow the steps below: 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type taskmgr and click OK.
3) In Task Manager, click the Startup tab, select the program or application that doesn’t need to run automatically with startup, and click Disable.
Your computer should performs better fantastically next time when you boot. If you need to run that program later, you can click to open it.
2. Change the number of boot processorsYou can also change the number of processors when booting your computer, and that can help enhance your game performance. 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 2) Type msconfig and click OK.
3) Click the Boot tab, select your Windows system, and click Advanced options.
4) Check the box next to Number of processors, and select the highest number available. I have the highest number of 4, so I select 4.
5) Click OK to save. Then click Apply and OK to finish.
6) You’ll be prompted a dialog to ask you to restart, select Exist without restart because you’ll have a restart after configuring the settings below.
3. Adjust settings in System Properties1) Type This PC in the Search box at the Start button, right click on This PC, and select Properties.
2) Click Advanced system settings.
3) In the Advanced tab, click Settings… in the Performance section.
4) Click the Advanced tab, make sure to select Programs for Adjust for best performance of:, and click Apply.
5) Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, make sure to select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only. Then click Apply and OK to save.
After configuring the settings, restart your computer and try your Rocket League to see if it works better now.
That’s it – the six effective fixes for Rocket League Lag in your computer. If you have any better idea, feel free to add a comment below to share with us.
32 people found this helpful