Released on May 25, 2022, Roller Champions is a free-to-play sports game developed by Ubisoft. While enjoying fun on the game, many users are curious about how to play Roller Champions with their friends. Is Roller Champions crossplay available? Yes but limited. This post will show you how to cross-play in Roller Champions with a step-by-step guide.
3 steps to play with friends on Roller Champions
- Enable Roller Champions’ crossplay
- Add your friends with Ubisoft Connect launcher
- Invite friends to cross-play on Roller Champions
- Bonus tips – update drivers in 2 clicks
Step 1 Enable Roller Champions’ crossplay
Though Roller Champions supports cross-play, the feature is disabled by default. So you’ll need to turn it on by yourself before using it. Follow the steps below to enable it:
- Launch the game. Select your avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to Settings>Gameplay. And then toggle Enable Crossplay to On.
There it is. If you want to disable Cross-play again, you can toggle this setting to Off at any time.
Step 2 Add your friends with Ubisoft Connect launcher
If your friend has already lied on your friend list, you can skip this step and jump to the next move. If not, check the guide below to send a friend request.
- Open Ubisoft Connect. Click the Friends and groups icon at the top of the frame.
- Select the Add friends icon from the new window.
- Type the Ubisoft Connect name of your friend into the search box. Then click Search.
- Locate your friend from the search results and click Add to friends next to your friend’s name to send an invite.
Once the friend request is accepted, the player will be listed in your friend list.
Step 3 Invite friends to cross-play on Roller Champions
When you and your friends are both online, you can invite up to 2 Ubisoft Connect friends to crossplay on Roller Champions.
- Enter the main menu. Then select an Invite slot next to your character.
- Highlight the friend you want to play with and choose Invite.
What may be helpful is that Roller Champions supports automatic cross-progression between all platforms. Just make sure you are logged in with the same Ubisoft account.
Bonus tips – update drivers in 2 clicks
Many factors will affect your smooth playing in Roller Champions, one of which is your device drivers. When you play a video game, graphics driver, network driver, and sound driver are some of those supporting an excellent experience. An outdated, corrupt or missing driver may cause your game to lag, crash or not work. Hence, it’s vital to keep the drivers on your computer up to date.
Generally speaking, there are 3 ways to update your drivers.
Option 1 Update drivers in 2 clicks with Driver Easy
Driver Easy is a trustworthy application that can help you update all drivers on your computer for FREE.
It will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to each driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Option 2 Download drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them manually
Most manufacturers keep updating their products’ drivers. You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way.
You need to browse the manufacturer’s website (eg. Nvidia, AMD for graphics driver), and download the drivers, most likely in their Driver, Download, or Support section.
Make sure you download the exactly right driver, which fits your device model and Windows version at the same time. Once downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 3 Search automatically for drivers via Device Manager
Updating drivers via Device Manager is easy, but it cannot guarantee you get the latest version of the driver because it only looks for stored drivers from your system.
Just open Device Manager on your computer and right-click the device you want to update the driver for. Then choose Update driver and Search automatically for driver.
After that, Windows will complete the rest for you if it finds a new version of the driver available.
That’s all for Roller Champions crossplay. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a word below.