We love Snap Camera for it brings all the popular filters to our live streams and video calls. If your Snap Camera not working and shows “No available camera input”, don’t worry. Many users have been reporting the same issue, and it can be fixed quite easily.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down according to your situation.
- Force restart Snap Camera
- Clear cache of Snap Camera
- Allow App permission
- Update webcam drivers
- Turn off VPN services
- Clean reinstall Snap Camera
Fix 1: Force restart Snap Camera
Always make sure to open Snap Camera prior to your webcam applications. The chances are that the application will keep running in the background even if you’ve closed it. So you can exit it using Task Manager:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Right-click Snap Camera and select End Task.
- Also, right-click the application you’re using, and select End task to force close it. If you’re using web applications, you should exit your browsers as well.
- Launch Snap Camera again, then the application.
Now you should be able to see Snap Camera as a selectable camera and get rid of the “No available camera input” error. If unfortunately, restarting doesn’t do the trick, you can head on to our next fix.
Fix 2: Clear cache of Snap Camera
Just like the smartphone apps, you can clear cache and app usage easily on Snap Camera for PC. To fully clear all the cache and temporary files, you need to select all the boxes:
- Open Snap Camera.
- Click the Settings icon on the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and locate Cache & App Use, and click View.
- Select all the boxes and click Clear selected.
Restart your Snap Camera (using Task Manager) again to check if you can get rid of the “No Available Camera Input” error.
Fix 3: Allow App permission
Another possible cause of your Snap Camera not working or not detecting the camera is that Snap Camera can’t access your webcam. Here’s how to fix it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type camera.
- Select Camera privacy settings.
- Make sure the option is turned on for Allow apps to access your camera.
- Scroll down to Allow desktop apps to access your camera, make sure you’ve turned on this feature.
- Launch Snap Camera again to see if this issue has been resolved by now.
If you’ve already allowed Snap Camera to access your camera but it keeps giving you the “No available camera input” error, don’t worry. You can follow the next fix, below.
Fix 4: Update webcam and graphics drivers
One thing that really matters to your webcam performance and Snap Camera stability is the graphics driver on your Windows PC. When you first download the app, you may notice:
If the hardware meets the minimum requirements, but you haven’t updated the driver for your specific graphics card or your webcam, then you should give it a try.
There are two ways for you to update your graphics and webcam drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1: Manually
To update your webcam driver, you’ll need o go to your graphics or webcam manufacturer’s website and download the exact driver for your operating system, then manually install it step by step.
Option 2: Automatically
For some people, the process of updating graphics and webcam drivers can be really time-consuming and error-prone. If that’s the case with you, we highly recommend you to update with Driver Easy, a reliable driver updater tool.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your Xbox adapter driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update your webcam driver for free, simply click the Update button next to it (it’s partly manual).
- Restart your computer for it to take full effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fix 5: Turn off VPN services
Using a VPN (virtual private network) is prohibited while using Snapchat or Snap Camera, so it’s preferable to turn off the VPN if you’re using one.
Using a VPN can also lead to temporary network block. So be sure to disable it and log into Snap Camera again.
Fix 6: Clean reinstall Snap Camera
If these methods above fail to solve your Snap Camera no available camera input issue, you can perform a clean reinstall. Here’s how:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key to open the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the box and press Enter.
- Right-click Snap Camera and select Uninstall.
- Clear the Recycle bin.
- Download Snap Camera again, and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Once complete, restart your PC and launch your Snap Camera to see if the issue has been resolved by now.
Hopefully you find the article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.