Can’t stand the ads when surfing the Internet with Firefox? You’ve come to the right place! Ads are really annoying. It not only disrupts us when we want to find the useful content but also slow down the loading speed of the webpage.
In this post, we’re going to show you several methods of blocking ads in Firefox. After reading it, you can block ads in Firefox on your own quickly and easily!
Try these methods
- Block trackers with the Content Blocking feature in Firefox
- Block ads with extensions in Firefox
- Block pop-up windows for specific websites
Method 1: Block trackers with the Content Blocking feature in Firefox
With the Content Blocking feature, you can create a tracker-free zone when surfing the web with Firefox. To adjust the Content Blocking feature in Firefox:
1) In Firefox, click the menu button on the upper-right corner, then select Options.
2) On the left, click Privacy & Security. If you never modify the Content Blocking feature, the Firefox should be set to the Standard mode by default. In the Standard mode, Firefox only blocks known trackers in Private Windows.
3) You can select the Strict mode. Under the Strict mode, Firefox blocks all trackers it detects. Please note that it may cause some site to break.
4) If you need the ultimate control over the Content Blocking feature, the Custom mode is for you. In the Custom mode, you decide what to block, including trackers, cookies and more.
Method 2: Block ads with extensions in Firefox
If you still need more control on content blocking in Firefox, the ad blocking extensions may be your best friend when you’re surfing the web. Below are some useful ad blocking extensions you may want:
uBlock Origin boosts more than 40 million users, which made it the most popular ad blocking extension in Firefox. It is efficient and powerful.
AdBlocker Ultimate may be the most famous ad-blocking extension not in Chrome, but also in Firefox. With AdBlocker Ultimate, you can completely remove all ads.
Ghostery is another powerful add blocker that can block ads, stop trackers and speed up websites.
Popup Blocker can strictly block all pop-up windows from websites. With Popup Blocker, you can get rid of those disturbing pop-up Windows when surfing the web with Firefox.
Webmail Ad Blocker can block and remove ads on the right side of the screen when users using Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo Mail. It is a good helper if you don’t want to see ads when reading emails.
Method 3: Block pop-up windows for specific websites
You can also block pop-up windows for specific websites in Firefox. Here is how to do it:
1) Open the website you want to block ads in Firefox.
2) Click the lock icon next to the address bar in Firefox, then click the gear icon next to Permissions.
3) Make sure you check the box next to Block pop-up windows.
Hopefully after reading this post, you’re able to block ads in Firefox on your own quickly and easily. If you have any questions or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.