You might be confused and frustrated when you start a game and your computer reboot suddenly. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. You can find solutions here and get rid of this annoying issue. Read on to find how.
Try these methods:
There are 5 methods for you to try. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Do a clean scan
- Change your power settings
- Prevent overheating
- Disable Windows Automatic Restart Feature
- Update your graphics card drivers
Method 1: Do a clean scan
The virus can cause you this trouble. So make sure your antivirus software has been updated to the latest version and do a clean scan. If your computer is safe and clean, move to the next method.
Method 2: Change your power settings
If your power supply unit (PSU) isn’t enough for your computer components, this problem might appear. So make sure your PSU is enough to power up your graphics card. It is also possible that you have a failing PSU. To test it, you could diagnose it with power supply tester.
- Type “control panel” in the search box and press Enter.
- Set Control Panel view by Large icons and click Power Options.
- Click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Find and click Processor power management > Minimum processor state.
- Set the number to the low state such as 5% or 0% and click OK.
- Save the changes and reboot your PC.
Method 3: Prevent overheating
If your PC is overheating, you’ll meet reboot problem while playing a game. Because when the CPU gets too busy it causes high energy and produces heat, your PC will shut down automatically to protect itself. Therefore, in order to prevent this situation happen, you have to clean your PC. Clean the dust in your PC and check all the fans are working properly.
If your PC is clean and all the fans are working properly, but the CPU is still overheating, then maybe it’s time to change your CPU cooler.
Method 4: Disable Windows Automatic Restart Feature
Expect for the power and overheating issues, the problem may be caused by the system settings. So the following steps will show you how to disable startups.
- Press Windows logo key + Pause together to open the System.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- Uncheck Automatically restart and click OK.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Reboot your PC.
Method 5: Update your graphics card drivers
The problem can be caused by outdated or missing drivers. So one of the things you should do is to update that your graphics card drivers.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- After updating the drivers, check to see the issue is resolved or not.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it! Hopefully, these methods can help you resolve the issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know by commenting below.