For most Call of Duty: Warzone players, Diver is not an uncommon error. Every once in a while, it raises its ugly head, preventing players from downloading the latest update.
If you encounter this very same issue, don’t worry. Here are five fixes that have helped other players resolve the problem. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Table of contents
Fix 1: Reset your network devices
When faced with the Diver error, the first thing you should check whether it’s a local network issue. It is possible that your router or modem has been overloaded with data, grinding your internet to such a halt that the download has failed. In this case, restarting your network devices may fix it.
Here’s how you can restart your modem & router:
- Unplug your modem (and your router, if it’s a separate device) from the power socket.
- Wait 60 seconds for your modem (and your router) to cool off.
- Plug the network devices back in again and wait until the indicator lights are back to the normal state.
- Restart your computer.
- Connect your PS4/Xbox One/PC to the internet.
- Launch Warzone, then check to see if the download has been successful and the error is resolved. If yes, then great! If the error persists, please try Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Update your network driver
The network adapter driver, which works as an interpreter between your network adapter and your PC, is essential to the proper functioning of the network adapter. If the driver is wrong, outdated or corrupt, your internet may go wonky. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Fire up COD and check if the Error Code Diver in Warzone has been fixed. If yes, congrats! If it still occurs, continue with Fix 3, below.
Fix 3: Scan and repair your game files
The download failure Diver error could happen if certain game files are missing or corrupt. To see if this is the case, you can run a scan & repair in Battle.net client.
Here is how to do it:
- Open Battle.net client.
- In the left menu, choose Call of Duty: MW. Then click Options > Scan and Repair.
- Click Begin Scan, then wait a while as the tool scans and repairs your game installation.
- Launch Warzone again and check to see if the Diver error is solved.
Error still persists? Please try Fix 4, below.
Fix 4: Use a VPN
Some players have managed to download the update with the use a VPN, so you could give it a shot to see if this does the trick for you. It can be tempting to use a free VPN service, we do not recommend it since a free VPN may not provide secure, fast or private enough connections.
Below is a list of VPNs that works with CoD:
Fix 5: Contact Activision Support
If you’ve tried every possible fix but the error still lingers on, it is time to check Activision Support for the online status of the platform you’re on and see if it’s experiencing down time or connectivity issues. If this indeed goes on, there’s not much you can do but wait for the servers to be recovered.
That’s the end of this post. Hopefully it has pointed you in the right direction in fixing Error Code Diver Warzone On PC issue. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.