It’s annoying that the game doesn’t start up with sound, or can’t get any sound. If you have the same issue, this post may help.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Use wire headsets
Some players have found out the game need to use a 3.5mm jack to bypass the headsets audio. Therefore, use a wired input instead of USB headphones. USB headphones are not working well with Evil Genius 2.
Hope it works for you, if not, try updating your audio driver.
Fix 2: Update the audio driver
Update your audio driver might fix. Driver is closely related to the audio issue, an outdated or corrupted audio driver would cause sound issue.
You can not also update the driver manually via Device Manager or your driver’s manufacturer’s official website, but also update it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
Fix 3: Install Windows updates
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates to fix issues and add new features. Some issues will be solved after updating Windows updates. And it’s safer to keep your PC using the latest operating system.
- In the Search box, type in check for updates. Click Check for updates from results.
- Click on the Check for updates tab. If there are any updates available, it’ll automatically start to download and install it. Simply wait for it to complete and you should be asked to restart your computer.
- Launch Evil Genius 2 and check.
That’s it! Hope this post could help. PC environments are vary from person to person, I feel sorry if these fixes can’t work for you. If you find some working fixes, please share it on the comment section, we’d appreciate your help.
Enjoy the game and have a nice day!