[Solved] Fn Keys on My ASUS Laptop Not Working
When the hot keys on your ASUS notebook lost their functions, you can’t use them properly. If the hot keys on your ASUS laptop stop working, in this post you will find the solutions, which apply to Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP & Vista.
Solution 1: Open HControl.exe file
Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\Hcontrol.exe. Then Press Enter key. This is the easiest solution. Try it and see if the problem resolves.
Solution 2: Repair ASUS Hotkey Application
Follow steps below:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
2. Find and locate program “ATK Package” from the list.
3. Right-click on it and Repair on the context menu.
4. Restart your PC for the change to take effect.
Solution 3: Update the Drivers
If solution 1 and solution 2 don’t work for you, try updating the hot key drivers. If you don’t have time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the Asus hot key driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
After trying solutions above, you hot keys should work again.