First, check if the problem is caused by iPhone
Connect the iPhone to another PC and see if the problem persists. If the problem also accurs to another computer, the iPhone probably is broken. You might need to to take it to the repair shop to have it checked. If the iPhone is recognized by another PC, move on to follow the remaining instructions.
Secondly, check if the problem is caused by broken cable
To ensure successfully connectivity, it is recommended that you use original iPhone cable. Plug the iPhone using another cable and see if the problem persists. If the problem is still there, it mostly is caused by faulty drivers.
Thirdly, fix driver problem
Go to Device Manager to check for the driver status. Expand these categories and you will find the iPhone device under one of them:
Universal Serial Bus Controllers
In most cases, the iPhone will be listed under “Portable Devices” (make sure your iPhone is connecting to computer). If the device can’t be recognized by PC, it can be listed under “Other devices” with a yellow mark. Follow solutions below to fix the driver problem.
Uninstall the driver should resolve the problem
Follow these steps:
1. In Device Manager, right-click on the iPhone device and select Uninstall from the context menu.
2. Click Action in top menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes from the drop-down menu.
After that, you should see iPhone in Computer.
Update the driver
If the problem is still there, follow steps below to manually update the driver.
1. Right-click on the iPhone device and select Update Driver Software… from the context menu.
2. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
3. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
4. Click Have Disk….
5. Click Browse… button.
6. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. Select file “usbaapl64.inf”, then click Open button.
7. Click OK button.
8. Click Next button. Then the driver will be installed automatically.
If the problem still can’t be resolves, you can consider using Driver Easy to update all driver. If the problem is caused by faulty iPhone driver, Driver Easy can fix it quickly.
Driver Easy has Free version and Professional version. With Professional version, you will enjoy free technical support guarantee. You can contact us for further assistance regarding the iPhone issue. And 30-day money back policy allows you to ask for a full refund for any reason.