NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is finally online! But did you manage to play it? It could be annoying to have the game crash on startup. Don’t worry, this post could help.
Check your specs
Make sure your PC meets the minimum requirement of NieR Replicant.
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||AMD Ryzen™ 3 1300X; Intel® Core™ i5-6400|
|Memory||8 GB Ram|
|Graphics||AMD Radeon R9 270X or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960|
|Storage||42 GB available space|
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Edit username
- Run as administrator
- Verify game files
- Update your drivers
- Disable your antivirus software
Fix 1: Edit username
It may sound ridiculous, but some players have reported that their usernames are solely composed of characters in your platform’s text language can fix the NieR Replicant crash at startup.
That means, if your platform language is English, you can’t use not-standard-English characters in your username. After removing these marks or characters, the problem is solved.
If this fix doesn’t work, move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Run as administrator
Lack of administrative rights can also be the reason for Nier Replicant crashing issue.
- Right-click on Nier Replicant’s exe and select Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check Run this program as administrator and hit OK > Apply.
- Relaunch the game to check.
If this doesn’t work for you, then try to verify game files in Steam.
Fix 3: Verify game files
When the game files are missing or corrupted, the game would crash. Verify the integrity of game files can simply solve the issue.
- Run Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- Right click NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… and select Properties…
- In the left pane, select LOCAL FILES, then click Verify integrity of game files….
- When the process is completed, relaunch NieR Replicant.
If this fix doesn’t bring luck, take a look at the next one below.
Fix 4: Update your drivers
One of the most common causes of games crashing is you’re using outdated or corrupted drivers. You need to make sure your drivers are fully up-to-date so that you’re able to enjoy one of the best AAA titles in 2021.
There are mainly two ways you can update the graphics driver:
Option 1 – Manually – Graphics card manufacturers will roll out graphics drivers optimized for the latest titles on a regular basis. You can download the most recent correct driver from their websites (AMD or NVIDIA) and install it manually.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact GPU, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Restart your PC after drivers are updated, then relaunch the game to check.
If the latest drivers doesn’t solve the issue, move to the next fix.
Fix 5: Disable your antivirus software
It’s possible that your anti-virus/Windows Security is interfering with NieR Replicant. When they block part of game files, there’ll be crashes. Therefore, disable real-time protection temporarily or make an exception for the game in the antivirus software would fix the issue.
Here’s how to disable Windows Security temporarily.
- Press the Windows logo key and I together on your keyboard to open Windows Settings. Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Security in the left pane, and click Virus & threat protection.
- Click Manage settings.
- Turn off Real-time protection.
Relaunch NieR Replicant and check if it’s running properly.
Hopefully, this post help you solve the issue and you can enjoy NieR Replicant. If you have any problems or ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments.