[Solved] NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
The error may appear like this:
Before you move on, please ensure the driver that you intend to install is official and right for the Graphics card.
Tip: To ensure successful installation, you can update the driver automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
If the driver is correct, go to Device Manager and check if the Graphics card is disabled or unrecognized. After opening Device Manager, expand category “Display adapters” and you’ll see the graphics card under that category.
Firstly, Check if the Graphics Card is Disabled
If the device is disabled, you’re not able to install the driver for it. So make a check and enable it if you need.
1. In Device Manager, if you see a small down arrow next to the device as shown in the picture, the device has been disabled. Then right click on the device and select Enable on the context menu.
2. Restart your PC if asked. Then reinstall the driver.
Secondly, Check if the Graphics Card is Detected Incorrectly
Under category “Display adapters“, if you do not see Graphics card listed there, the card mostly is not detected correctly. It could be listed under “Other devices” or somewhere else, and shown as other device name.
Locate the devices with an yellow mark on it. One of these devices can be the NVIDIA graphics card. If you are not sure how to figure out which one is the graphics card, follow steps below:
1. Right-click on one device with a yellow mark on it and select Properties.
2. Go to Details tab, select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu of Property.
3. The Hardware Id Value should be like follows. The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device. In this case, the VEN code is 15AD and the device is 0740.
4. Go to www.pcidatabase.com. Enter the two codes and click on Search buttons.
Then you will get the device name and the vendor name (NVIDIA).
Once you figure out the specific NVIDIA graphics card you have, update its driver to the latest version. You can do this automatically with Driver Easy.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.