Fail to connect your devices with Windows 10 using the Prolific USB to Serial adapter cable? Besides, you might notice there’s a yellow warning mark with Prolific USB to Serial driver in Device Manager. That could be really frustrating…Don’t panic. Certainly you’re not the only one. We’ve seen many Windows users reporting this Prolific USB to Serial driver not working on Windows 10 issue. More importantly, you can easily fix it with the solutions here. Read on and see how…
Try these fixes:
- Update your Prolific USB to Serial driver to the latest version
- Roll your Prolific USB to Serial driver back to an older version
- Manual driver update – You can update your Prolific USB to Serial driver manually by going to the official Prolific website, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose the only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
- Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Prolific USB to Serial driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact Prolific adapter, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to the flagged Prolific USB to Serial driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- On your desktop, right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
- Double-click Ports(COM & LPT), then right-click on your Prolific USB to Serial driver to select Update driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Select an older version on the Model list. Then Next.
Hopefully this helps. Feel free to comment below with your own experiences.