This post helps you solve Seagate GoFlex and other hard drives problem such as not detected or recognized or not working on Windows 10 in 5 ways.
If you’re on Windows 10 and you have no access to your Seagate GoFlex external hard drive, you’re not alone. Many user have reported to have this problem as well. No worries, here are 5 solutions for you to try.
How can I make my external Seagate hard drive show up again?
You may not need to try them all, just work your way down until you find the one works for you.
1: Try A Different USB Port
2: Reinstall Seagate Programs
3: Partition the Hard Drive
4: Assign Driver Letter to Seagate GoFlex
5: Disable Fast Startup
Method 1: Try A Different USB Port
Unplug your Seagate hard drive from its current port, and plug it into a working USB port, for instance, the one for your mouse.
If you have another well-functioning computer, try plug your Seagate hard drive to that computer and see if the problem persists.
If your Seagate external hard drive can be recognized via another USB port, problem solved, all you need to do is reconnect your hard drive to another port.
If your Seagate external hard drive won’t work in neither situations, your hard drive could be at fault. You might need to consult the technical support of Seagate to see if your data in the hard drive can be retrieved somehow.
Method 2: Reinstall Seagate Programs
If your Seagate app is not installed properly, problems like not recognized by computers would happen. To fix it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to invoke Settings.2) Click System.
3) Click Apps & features. Click Seagate software and click the Uninstall button. (In the screenshot, we uninstall Driver Easy only as an example. )
4) Go to the official website of Seagate and download the software, create the install CD according to the instructions and then reinstall the software again on your computer.
5) You might need to update the drivers for this software and your hard drive.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
6) If your Seagate external hard drive still doesn’t work after you reinstall the software and update the drivers,you should reinstall Paragon driver in compatibility mode. Here is how:
1) Go to Settings > System> Apps & features window, remove Paragon driver.
2) Download the correct version of Paragon driver for your operating system from Seagate official website.
3) Right-click the Paragon driver setup file and click Properties.
4) Click Compatibility tab, and tick the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:. Select an older version of Windows. You might need to try a couple of times before you fix this issue.
5) Click Apply and OK to save and then run the setup again.
Method 3: Partition the Hard Drive1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and S at the same time. Type apps: computer management in and click Computer Management.
2) On the left side of the pane, click Disk Management. Right-click Seagate Central driver, and click Delete Volume…. This will delete all the files from your Seagate hard drive.
3) You should be able to see Disk 1 is available. Right-click it and click GPT (GUID Partition Table).
4) Right-click it again and click New simple volume.
There you go, your Seagate external hard drive should be able to work without any problems.
Method 4: Assign Driver Letter to Seagate GoFlex
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and S at the same time. Type apps: computer management in and click Computer Management.
2) On the left side of the pane, click Disk Management. If you see a drive without a letter, check to make sure that it’s your Seagate GoFlex drive.
3) Right-click it and click Change Drive Letter and Paths….
4) If your external hard drive doesn’t have a letter, press Add… to add a letter for this drive.
Method 5: Disable Fast Startup
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and click Control Panel.
2) Click Hardware and Sound.
3) Click Power Options.
4) Click Change what the power button does.
5) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
6) Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section and uncheck Turn off fast startup (recommended). Click Save changes. You might need to restart your computer after this change.