If you’re on Surface Book or Surface Pro, and your camera stops working, you’re not alone. Many users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it easily by yourself. Here’re 2 solutions you can try to fix this problem in Windows 10. Try the Solution 2 if the Solution 1 doesn’t work. Solution 1: Update your Surface camera driver Solution 2: Update your Surface camera app in Microsoft Store and X at the same time to open the quick-access menu. 2) Click Device Manager.
3) Right-click on Microsoft LifeCam Front/Rear in Imagining devices. Then click Update driver. Note: You can update both camera drivers or the one with problem.
4) Click Search automatically for updated driver software. 5) Windows should then detect the update for your camera. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update. IMPORTANT: For some reasons, sometime Microsoft cannot detect the update for you. Instead, you can download the latest drivers from the official Microsoft website. Or If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs. To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.
6) Restart your Surface and see if your camera works.
2) Click the more options button on the right of Search, then click Downloads and updates.
3) Click Get updates.
4) Then your Windows camera app should be updated to the latest one.
5) Restart your Surface and see if your camera works.