Since Windows 10 is more and more widely used, more and more problems on the system occur as users reported. Taskbar frozen is one of the many issues on Windows 10. If taskbar frozen, you just cannot use it at all, no start menu, no icon… And also when you use some shortcut like Windows + X or Windows + R, your Windows 10 won’t respond. It’s such an annoying problem though, you still can solve it with the tried-and-true fixes we’re going to show you.
Fix 1. Restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager
1) Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open Task Manager.
2) Scroll down on Process panel. Find and highlight Windows Explorer. Then click Restart at bottom right.
3) Now your Windows Explorer will start again. Try to access Taskbar on your Windows 10 now.
Fix 2. Run System File Checker to repair Windows Files
2) Click File > Run a new task. Then type explorer in the pop-up box and click OK.
3) Now File Explorer is open. Head to C: \ Windows \ System32. Then scroll down on System32 folder to find and right-click on cmd.exe. Choose Run as administrator and click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
4) Type sfc /scannow on the command prompt window showing up to you. Then press Enter key to run it. Wait till Verification 100% complete.
Fix 3. Run DISM Image Management Command
As some users reported, run DISM(Deployment Image Servicing and Management ) Image Management Command fix the error on their Windows 10. So if Fix 1 & 2 unluckily did not help you, try this fix please.
1) Follow step 1-3 of Fix 2 to run command prompt as administrator.
2) Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the command prompt window.
Press Enter to run it. Wait till operation 100% complete.
That’s it. Hope you can get your taskbar work again with the help of this post.
Please feel free to leave your comment below for any questions, thanks.