It’s annoying when you want to download an app from Windows Store but find out your Windows Store won’t open or closes immediately after opening. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This issue can be solved easily.
Before start using the methods, you should check your connection first.
Try these methods
- Correct your time and location
- Use the WSReset tool
- Disable the Proxy connection
- Use Windows Store troubleshoot
- Reset Windows Store from settings
Method 1: Correct your time and location
One of the most common reasons for the Windows Store won’t open problem is your time and region are not correct. Windows store connects with the internet to download apps. When you open the Windows Store, the Store will compare the date and time automatically. If your PC time zone is different from your region, the Store will fail to load and cause the problem.
Take a look at the time show on your screen, if it’s different from your region, you can follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- Press the Windows key + I together then click Time & Language.
- Open the Set time automatically button.
- Check your time and date.
- Click Region and check your region is corrected.
- Open the Windows Store to check.
Method 2: Use the WSReset tool
This tool is made to clear and reset Windows Store cache. Mostly, many problems are caused by the corrupted cache files. So use the WSReset tool to clear and reset can easily solve the problem.
- Press the Windows key + R together to open the Run box.
- Type “wsreset.exe” and press Enter.
- There will be a command window pop-up. Wait for it to close by itself, then the Windows Store will be launched automatically.
Method 3: Disable the Proxy connection
You proxy setting may be the reason for the Windows Store won’t open problem. You may disable the proxy connection to if it can help.
- Type “internet options” in the search bar and press Enter.
- In the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- If you see the box under the Proxy server is ticked, uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN then click OK.
- Run the Windows Store and check the problem is solved or not.
Method 4: Use Windows Store troubleshoot
Whenever you’re having problems with Windows system, the easiest method you can try is to run the Windows built-in troubleshooters. Windows 10 has built-in troubleshooters to diagnose and automatically fix common problems. There are many troubleshooters for different problems.
You can use the troubleshooter which specific for this “Windows store won’t open” issue to resolve the problem.
- Press the Windows key + I together and click Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot and scroll down to find Windows Store Apps.
- Click Windows Store Apps and then click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen then restart your computer.
- Run the Windows Store to check the problem is solved or not.
Method 5: Reset Windows Store from settings
If the above settings can’t fix the problem, you can reset the Windows Store to default to solve the problem.
- Press the Windows key + I together and click Apps.
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Store.
- Click the Microsoft Store and then click Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click Reset. Click Reset again in the pop-up window.
Note: This step will permanently delete the app’s data including your sign-in details.
- Run the Windows Store to check whether the problem is solved or not.
Hope this article will meet your needs. If you have any questions, please leave comments below, we’ll try our best to help.