Have you ever run into an XBOX ACC issue? When you see this weird item, chances are that your Windows system fails to recognize the Xbox device, or to install the corresponding driver for it properly. In this case, you should try to update the Xbox adapter driver by yourself instead of relying on Windows to do it for you. Don’t panic if you are not sure how to update the so-called XBOX ACC driver (actually it’s just the driver for your Xbox device) – this post will get you out of trouble.
How to download and install the XBOX ACC driver
Generally there are two ways you can update your XBOX ACC adapter drivers:
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update your XBOX ACC driver
For some people, the process of updating drivers can be really time-consuming and error-prone. If that’s the case with you, we highly recommend you to update your XBOX ACC driver with Driver Easy, a reliable driver updater tool.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of it all.
You can update your Xbox adapter driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update your Xbox adapter driver for now, simply click the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Option 2 – Update your XBOX ACC driver manually
To update your XBOX ACC driver manually, please complete the following procedure:
1) Go to Microsoft Update Catalog.
2) In the search box located in the upper right corner of the site, type Xbox wireless and click Search.
3) On the next page, you’ll be presented with a list of Xbox wireless adapter drivers. Scroll through the list until you find the one compatible with your Windows version. Then click the Download button next to it.
4) After the driver has been downloaded, open that destination folder where you’ve saved the driver file. Usually the file should be a compressed one.
5) Extract the downloaded driver file.
6) Make sure you connect your Xbox device to the computer. Then, on your keyboard, Press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog box. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
7) Here pops up your Device Manager. Double-click on the Other devices node to open its drop-down list. Then right-click on XBOX ACC and select Update driver.
8) In the next window, select Browse my computer for driver software.
9) Click Browse… to select the folder where you’ve extracted the driver file. Then click Next.
10) Now Windows will search for the driver and install it automatically. When everything’s done, click Finish. Then restart your computer for the changes to take effect even if you’re not asked to.
So far, have you succeeded in updating your Xbox adapter driver and solving the XBOX ACC issue? If you have any follow-up questions or ideas, please feel free to leave your comments below. Thanks for reading, and good luck!