It’s annoying to face crashes during the game. Don’t worry, the SEGA team has a confirmed fix to help. If the official solution is not working, others may work for you.
Table of contents
Follow the steps below to fix the crashing issue.
Step 1: Check the requirements
Make sure your PC has meet the minimum requirements of Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.
|Processor||Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-6300|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB | AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB|
|Storage||40 GB available space|
Step 2: Update your drivers
Make sure your drivers are updated. You might think you’ve updated your graphic driver, but that’s not enough. Many drivers are used while gaming and most of them won’t be updated regularly with your Windows Update. The outdated or corrupted driver could be the culprit for crashing or black screen issues.
You can update drivers one by one through the manufacturer’s official website manually, or update all drivers by Driver Easy with 2 clicks.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Step 3: Install beta patch
The SEGA Team released a new patch to fix the crashes. Follow the steps below to solve the issues with the latest patch.
- Launch Steam, right-click the game in the LIBRARY, and go to Properties.
- Go to the BETAS tab and enter the beta access code yakuza6patch.
- From the drop-down menu, select “patch_beta”.
- Relaunch the game, you’ll be in the beta.
That’s it, the beta patch should solve your crashing issue. But if the game is still crashing, you can try the below fixes or contact the SEGA team for help.
Fix 1: Lower your graphics settings
Some players have reported that dropping their graphics to the lowest as they can go and running the game in windowed mode would fix the issue.
- Right-click on the game shortcut and click Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, click Change high DPI settings.
- In the pop-up window, check Override high DPI scaling behavior, choose Application in the drop-down menu.
- Click Disable fullscreen optimizations & Run this program as an administrator.
- Save the changes and relaunch the game.
This fix works for some players. But computers vary from person to person, if it’s not working, please try another fix.
Fix 2: Edit Settings
This fix is working for most of the users, follow the steps to edit your Advanced Performance Settings.
- Press the Windows logo key + I together and click System.
- In the left panel, scroll down and click About. Find and click Advanced system settings on the right panel.
- In the Advanced tab, click Settings… under Performance.
- Go to the Advanced tab and make sure Programs is checked. Then click Change…
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Select the drive that Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is installed.
- Select Custom size. The Initial size should be the Recommended size that under Total paging file size for all drives.
Mine is 2918 MB.
- For Maximum size, you need to check your Ram of PC.
Your PC Ram *1024= Maximum size (MB).
Mine has 16GB, so the number should be 16*1024=16384 MB. Click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your PC and your problem should be fixed.
That’s it, hope the fixes work for you. Hopefully, you can enjoy the rest of the game!