Don’t know how to pair your newly bought Sony Bluetooth headphone to your Windows 10 PC? You’ve come to the right place. You should be able to pair your Bluetooth headphone to your PC quickly and easily after reading this article.
Follow these steps
- Before you start
- Enter pairing mode
- Add your Sony Bluetooth headphone to your PC
- Test your Sony Bluetooth headphone
- Bonus tip: Update the Bluetooth driver on your PC
You should check the following things before you start:
- Make sure your Sony Bluetooth headphone is within one meter (three feet) of your PC.
- Make sure the battery of your Sony Bluetooth headphone is sufficient.
- Make sure you did mute your PC.
- Make sure your PC supports Bluetooth.
How to check if your PC supports Bluetooth?
Here is a simple method for you to check if your PC supports Bluetooth. You can follow the instruction below:
- Check if there is a Bluetooth icon in the notification area:
- If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear in the notification area, on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- If your PC supports Bluetooth function, you should see Bluetooth device(s) among the list. If you can’t find the Bluetooth icon in the list, it may suggests currently your PC doesn’t support Bluetooth.
If this is the first time you pair your Sony Bluetooth headphone to your Windows PC, you need to enter pairing mode on your Sony Bluetooth headphone before you pair it to your PC.
To enter paring mode:
- Turn off your Sony Bluetooth headphone if you’ve turned it on.
- Press and hold the power button for 7 times until you see the indicator on your Sony Bluetooth headphone flashes blue and red alternately.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open Windows Settings. Then click Devices.
- Make sure you turn on the toggle under Bluetooth. Then click Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth. Then your PC will start to search for your Sony Bluetooth headphone.
- Select your Sony Bluetooth headphone from the list of search results.
- Click Done when your Sony Bluetooth headphone is connected to your PC.
It’s time to check if your Sony Bluetooth headphone works well on your PC. You can play your favorite music on your PC to check it.
If the Bluetooth driver on your PC is missing or outdated, you may run into Bluetooth pair problems. It is a good idea to update your Bluetooth driver to the latest version. By doing that, you can avoid many unexpected Bluetooth pair problems.
There are two ways to update your Bluetooth driver: manually or automatically.
Update your Bluetooth driver manually – You can update your Bluetooth driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the latest driver for your Bluetooth device. Be sure to choose the driver that’s compatible with your PC model and your version of Windows.
Update your Bluetooth driver automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Bluetooth driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your Bluetooth device to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave your comment below.