Street Fighter is a popular Japanese media franchise known for its thrilling fighting video and arcade games. The latest installment in the series, Street Fighter 6, has recently been released. While many reminisce about their youthful gaming experiences, some players encounter frustrating crashing issues. In this post, we’ll provide six potential fixes to help you overcome Street Fighter 6 crashing problems.
How to fix Street Fighter 6 Crashing?
- Check system requirement
- Run as administrator
- Update graphics driver
- Verify game files
- Update Windows
- Perform a clean boot
You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1 Check system requirement
To ensure smooth gameplay, it’s essential to meet the game’s minimum system requirements. Review the table below to verify if your machine fulfills these requirements.
|OS||Windows 10 (64 bit required)||Windows 10 (64 bit)/Windows 11 (64 bit)|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i7 8700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics||GTX1060 (VRAM 6GB) / Radeon RX 580 (VRAM 4GB)||RTX2070 / Radeon RX 5700XT|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||60 GB available space||60 GB available space|
You may need some help checking the system specifications:
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to launch the Run dialogue.
- Type DxDiag and click OK.
- Now you can check your system information under the System tab.
- Click the Display tab to check the graphics details.
If your hardware falls below the minimum requirements, consider upgrading. However, if your hardware meets the requirements and crashes still occur, proceed to the following solutions.
Fix 2 Run the game as administrator
Insufficient permissions can lead to crashing problems. Granting Street Fighter 6 administrator privileges can help resolve this issue. Follow these steps:
- Launch Steam, locate the game in your library and right-click on it. Then click Manage and Browse local files.
- Right-click Street Fighter 6.exe and select Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
- Then click Apply and OK to save changes.
Launch the game again to test if the problem persists. If this trick doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
Fix 3 Update graphics driver
The Street Fighter 6 crashing problem may occur if you are using the wrong graphics driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem. You can head to graphics manufacturers’ websites (like Nvidia or AMD) to download the latest drivers. However, if you don’t have the time, patience, or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
It will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Or, you can click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Fix 4 Verify game files
Missing or corrupted game files can cause Street Fighter 6 crashing issues. Verifying the integrity of the game files can help identify and repair any flaws. Follow these steps:
Repair file on Steam
- Open Steam and click the Library tab. Then right-click Street Fighter 6 and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES in the left tab, and select Verify integrity of game files…
Repair file on Battle.net
- Launch the Battle.net client on your PC and select Street Fighter 6.
- Click the gear icon next to the Play button and then select Scan and Repair.
- Click Begin Scan.
Wait for a while until the program finishes the scan. After that, it will start the repair if it detects any flawed files.
Fix 5 Update Windows
Updating Windows and its components can resolve system bugs that affect game performance. Check for updates on your computer and install them by following these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and I on the keyboard to open Settings. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Once it finds any updates available, you can download and install them.
After completing the update process, reboot your machine and relaunch Street Fighter 6. If the crashing issue persists, proceed to the final solution.
Fix 6 Perform a clean boot
Background programs, such as antivirus software, can interfere with the game’s smooth operation. Performing a clean boot with no additional programs running can help identify the root cause.
- Press the Windows logo key and R to open the Run tool. Type msconfig and click OK.
- Choose the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click Disable all and Apply. Then reboot your computer.
Launch the game after your PC restarts. Check if the Street Fighter 6 crashing issue is still there.
If you believe the problem lies in your system (e.g. missing system files, malware threats, occupied disk space), you can run a quick and thorough scan with Fortect.
It’s software that’s equipped with powerful technology for securing and repairing PCs to an optimized state. Take a look at how it works:
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect and run a free scan.
- Once done, check the generated report listing all issues detected. To fix them, click Start Repair (and you’ll need to pay for the full version. It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
We hope these six solutions help you resolve the crashing issues in Street Fighter 6. Get ready to enjoy uninterrupted gameplay and relive the excitement of this beloved franchise!