Lenovo Mouse Pad Not Working in Windows 10/8/7 [FIXED]
Frantically tapping & scrolling on your Lenovo mousepad but it just wouldn’t listen and do its thing?
Don’t worry, you’re in the right place. Check out the 2 fixes below and your touchpad will be as good as new in no time!
Try these fixes
Both fixes below work in Windows 10, 8 and 7.
Just work your way down the list until your Lenovo trackpad behaves properly again.
You laptop-mouse-pad-not-responding issue sometimes happens only because you’ve disabled it unknowingly. To turn it back on:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key , then copy & paste main.cpl into the box and click OK.
- Click the Device Settings tab > your device > Enable > Apply > OK. Step 2) might differ slightly depending on the build of your Windows Operating System. The bottom line is: enable your touch pad.
- Hopefully this turns your touchpad back on and it works propely again. If the problem persists, try Fix 2.
Another major culprit for a not-working-lenovo-touchpad is your outdated/corrupt/wrong/missing touchpad driver. You might need to update your touchpad driver to get your touchpad up and running again.
There’re two ways you can update your device drivers —
Update your drivers manually – You can update your touchpad driver manually by going to the Lenovo’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for the exact device. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions.
Update your drivers automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your touchpad driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Check and see if your Lenovo touchpad is back to life again. ?
If the fixes above both failed, then chances are your Lenovo touchpad is having some physical damages. Be sure to leave it with technical hands to avoid further problems.
There you go – top 2 fixes for your Lenovo mouse pad not working issue. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further question. 🙂