Although Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has been out for a while, many players are still complaining that the game won’t launch or they get stuck on the loading screen. If you’re facing the same problem, don’t worry. We’ve put together a full list of simple fixes for you.
Fixes to try:
You may not try them all; simply work your way down the list until you find the one that solves your problem.
- Check the minimum specs of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Run the game as an administrator
- Verify the integrity of your game files
- Update your graphics drivers
- Reinstall Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Fix 1 – Check the minimum specs of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Before playing an intensive video game like AC Valhalla, you should make sure your setup meets the minimum requirements for the game. Otherwise, launching it would be impossible.
Minimum requirements – Low preset (30 FPS)
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)|
|Processor||Intel i5-4460 3.2 Ghz / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 Ghz|
|RAM||8 GB (Dual-channel mode)|
|Video card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4 GB) / AMD Radeon R9 380 (4 GB), or better with DirectX 12 feature support|
|Hard Drive space||50 GB (SSD recommended)|
If your rig is up to handling the game, please move on to some deeper fixes below.
Fix 2 – Run the game as an administrator
Granting Assassin’s Creed Valhalla necessary administrative permissions can make sure the game runs properly. Here’s how to enable the administrator mode for it:
- Launch Ubisoft Connect client. Then, navigate to the Games tab.
- Move your mouse cursor to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and click the downward triangle icon. Then, select View game details.
- Select Properties on the left pane, and click Open folder under Local files.
- Right-click the ACValhalla.exe file and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Then, tick Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
- Launch the ACValhalla.exe file directly from the installation folder and see how it works.
If the issue persists, head to the fixes below.
Fix 3 – Verify the integrity of your game files
It’s a necessary step to validate your game files if Assassin’s Creed Valhalla won’t open normally. If there are any missing or corrupted game files, you could get it repaired via the following steps:
- Open Ubisoft Connect, and select the Games tab.
- Move your mouse cursor over the title of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Then, click the downward triangle icon.
- Click Verify files.
After the process completes, relaunch the game to test. If this method doesn’t work, try the next one below.
Fix 4 – Update your graphics driver
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla not launching can be caused by an outdated or corrupt graphics driver. To fix any compatibility issues with the new games and ensure a smooth gaming experience, you should install the latest graphics driver.
There are two ways for you to update the graphics driver:
Option 1 – Manually – You can update your graphics driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website such as AMD or NVIDIA, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Option 2 – Automatically (recommended) – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact GPU, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re-launch the game to check its performance with your newly-installed graphics driver. If the update doesn’t do the trick, go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 5 – Reinstall Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
If none of the fixes above helps your case, you should consider reinstalling the game. Many players also report that installing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on the same drive as your operating system and Ubisoft Connect client solve the launching issue.
- Launch the Ubisoft Connect client and click the Games tab.
- Locate Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and click the downward triangle icon on the title. Then, click Uninstall.
- Reinstall the game to the same location where your OS and Ubisoft Connect app are installed.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla not launching issue should be resolved after the fresh reinstallation.
If you still fail to open the game and get a specific Unable to initialize graphics system error, you could refer to this guide for more troubleshooting methods: [Solved] Unable to Initialize Graphics System.
Hopefully you’ll find this post helpful. If you have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.