It’s really annoying to see the pop-ups when you’re surfing the web. If you want to block them, you’ve come to the right place! In this post, we’re going to show you how to block those pop-ups in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. After reading it, you should be able to get rid of the pop-ups on your own.
Step 1: Enable the pop-up blocking feature in your browser
Chrome, Firefox and Edge all provide their users with the built-in pop-up blocking feature. If you constantly see pop-ups when surfing the web, you should check if the pop-up blocking feature is turned on in your browser.
Which browser are you currently using?
For Chrome users:
1) In Chrome, click the menu icon on the upper-right corner, then select Settings.
2) In the search bar, type pop-up, then click Site Settings.
3) Click Pop-ups and redirects.
4) Make sure you turn off the toggle under Pop-up and redirects.
For Firefox users:
1) In Firefox, Click the menu button and select Options.
2) On the left panel, click Privacy & Security. Then locate the Permissions section on the right and check the box next to Block pop-up windows.
For Edge users:
1) In Edge, click the menu button and select Settings.
2) Click Privacy & security on the left panel, then locate the Security section. Make sure you turn on the toggle under Block pop-ups.
Step 2: Scan for malware
Sometimes the pop-ups reappear even after you’ve enabled the pop-up blocking feature in your browser. In this case, you need to scan for malware in your computer, because there are also some pop-ups come from the annoying malware on your computer.
If you’ve installed the antivirus software on your computer, run it to scan for malware. Once your antivirus software detected the malware, you should delete it immediately.
If you haven’t installed any antivirus application on your PC, you can try Norton Power Eraser.
To scan for malware with Norton Power Eraser:
1) Download Norton Power Eraser.
2) Double-click the NPE.exe file to run it on your PC.
3) If you see the following windows, click here on the window to download the latest version of the software. Then close the program.
4) Double-click the NPE.exe file to run the latest version of Norton Power Eraser. Then click Unwanted Application Scan.
5) If Norton Power Eraser detected any malware, uninstall it. If it didn’t detect any threat, you’ll see the following window. Click Back to exit the program.
Hopefully you find this post helpful! If you have any questions or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.